1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Louise Benners is Gone

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Pocatello, Nov 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

I just heard from Chad Sorensen, and confirmed with Britt Robinson, that Louise Benners of Texas and Sun Valley ID has died from a heart attack. Louise was a great lady, dedicated trap and live bird shooter, and will really be missed by all who knew her. She had not been able to shoot as much in recent years due to deteriorating health, but always remained cheerful and friendly whenever I saw her.

2. texasaggie2000

texasaggie2000 Member

I was recently introduced to Louise and got to shoot with her numerous times over the past few months, incredible laday with a great sense of humor and passion for all she did in life. I just wished I could have met her years ago.

C. Compton

3. little gambler

little gambler Active Member

Weezy was a good friend of mine, we traveled and shot flyers all over the country together. She had the desire to shoot more than anyone I know of. I'll never forget any of the trips that we went on. I'm going to miss joking around with her at them. :( Rick Kobayashi l.g.

4. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

She was a nice person and she sure enjoyed her shooting, even though she was
    barely able to stand in the last couple year. She shot ZZ birds as well as flyers.

5. fearlessfain

fearlessfain TS Member

was louise benners mrs. fred benners?

6. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

My thoughts are with her family and friends

7. BillyMc

BillyMc TS Member

Cathie and I met Louise a few years ago and she treated us as if we were family from the very start. She even throwed hulls at me whenever I missed a target. Louise was a dear to be around and I was proud to have been her friend. Our thoughts and prayers to her and her family for she will be missed .Billy Mcfarlen

8. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Billy, I hope she has an endless supply of hulls. Never met the lady, but thoughts and prayers up for the family and friends.

9. quicky

quicky Member

I enjoyed shooting and visiting with Louise on several occasions. She was always very interesting and enjoyable and I'll miss her. Quicky

10. Elizabeth Christensen

Elizabeth Christensen Member

Just got home from the Autumn Grand. Glad that there was a post to honor my friend. Louise loved to shoot and to be around her shooting friends. She was a very accomplished woman, not just shooting clays all over the country, and birds internationally, but also training and showing at field trials. My best memory was a couple of years ago, when visiting her in Dallas, a tornado siren went off. Weeze and I went and sat in her closet. A tornado had passed right over her house touching down west about 15 miles away and then again about 20 miles east almost in a straight line. We sat in the closet about an hour, visiting about lots of stuff and laughing about where we were. She had a wonderful sense of humor. I will miss seeing her at shoots and going to the movies whenever I pass through Dallas. No more pain, my dear friend, and they will always fall inside the ring from now on. Elizabeth Christensen

11. Amersabungero

Amersabungero TS Member

I feel so sad upon hearing of her passing. I only had the pleasure of knowing Louise for less than a year. I had just started back to shooting flyers and met her at a flyer shoot in December, 07. It was readily apparent to me why all of those there who knew her had such tremendous respect for her. The last time I talked to Louise on the phone was in August. I had sent her a little surprise gift of some tshirts I had bought for her while attending a flyer shoot in Pennsylvania. May God bless provide comfort to her family.

Carl Kelly Jr.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

louise benners texas

louise c benners