1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Louis J. Freeh - Perfect For The Job.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by DB Bill, Jul 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DB Bill

DB Bill Active Member

For those of you who can remember back that far, Louis was the Head of the FBI during two of the Bureau's finest moments -- The Murder's on Ruby Ridge & the Siege At Waco.

In both cases the events were investigated by the FBI and the final and offical reports were also written by the FBI.

Some random factoids (1) in each instance no significang fault was attributed to anyone involved within the FBI (2) Freeh was outraged that anyone would doubt or question the intrgrity of the FBI when he was queationed by a Congressional Committee (3) during Freeh's time as the
    Director there were more than a few instances were FBI agents went to jail and/or were fired for incompetence but there was never any indication that the entire FBI be fired and replaced with new agents - I guess the "one bad apple" rule didn't apply.

Louis --- You Da Man!

2. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

I can remember back that far, When Freeh was given the post, his first letter out of his office to all field offices, was to the "tune"of, "we will now become "political" as a organization and take "political sides"

The FBI has YET to come back to its former self and I dought that it ever will.

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Freeh also lap dogged his masters when he said he would vigorously uphold gun ban laws.

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Did the guy who murdered Mrs. Weaver while she was holding the baby get a commendation?

One of the more sickening moments in our country's history.

HM

5. DB Bill

DB Bill Active Member

And yet people swallowed his report on Penn State as if Moses brought it down from the mountain on stone tablets. He carried someone's water but whose was it.

Maybe it was the current govenor of PA who accepted a 6-figure donation from Sandusky's charity when he was Pennsylvania's Attorney General - the senior law enforcement for the state who could, with a single phone call squash an investigation aimed at a big politcal donor.

6. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Ah yes -- OUT comes the real agenda of this post.

Freeh and the dozens of others involved in the report made up the emails, interviews, hand-written notes -- all of that.

JoePa was railroaded, right, Bill? He was completely innocent, right? Quit being a coward and just say it outright.

-Gary

gw22_2008_0303157.jpg

7. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

All those boys decided to colaberate together and make up their molestation stories because it would be fun. Despite the boys wanting to learn the sport at Penn State, what they really had up their sleeves was to tear down Penn State. It was all an elaborate plan by some young boys. Poor JoePa and Sandusky are innocent victims of these ruthless boys. I'm personally appalled that anyone would go against the word of the Great JoePa of Penn State.

8. Brian in Oregon

<i>"Did the guy who murdered Mrs. Weaver while she was holding the baby get a commendation?"</i>

You are referring to Lon Horiuchi, who shot a woman for the crime of holding a loaded baby, under the new FBI Rules of Engagement that basically said the FBI could murder even non-threatening, unarmed people in a standoff. It's sickening that we have people in government with the mentality to not only come up with this, but who eagerly carry it out.

No commendation, though he wiggled off state filed manslaughter charges at the whim of the feds:

<i>In 1997, Boundary County, Idaho Prosecutor Denise Woodbury, with the help of special prosecutor Stephen Yagman, charged Horiuchi in state court with involuntary manslaughter over his killing of Vicki Weaver. The U.S. Attorney filed a notice of removal of the case to federal court, which automatically took effect under the statute for removal jurisdiction[10] where the case was dismissed by U.S. District Judge Edward Lodge on May 14, 1998, who cited the supremacy clause of the Constitution which grants immunity to federal officers acting in the scope of their employment.[2]

The decision to dismiss the charges was reversed by an en banc panel of the Ninth Circuit, which held that enough uncertainty about the facts of the case existed for Horiuchi to stand trial on state manslaughter charges.[2] Ultimately, the then-sitting Boundary County Prosecutor, Brett Benson, who had defeated Woodbury in the 2000 election, decided to drop the charges because he felt it was unlikely the state could prove the case and too much time had passed. Yagman, the special prosecutor, responded that he "could not disagree more with this decision than I do."[11]

The Ninth Circuit granted Boundary County's motion to dismiss the case against Horiuchi on September 14, 2001.[12]

From Wikipedia.</i>

And then he went to work for H-S Precision, a palatially stupid move by a gun company that angered a lot of gun owners:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2138289/posts

There are still those who will not buy their products to this day.

9. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Well DB Bill, have you mustered up the courage to say it yet?

JoePa was an innocent victim, wasn't he? That's what you think, right?

All the former law enforcemnt people, the attorneys, the child welfare investigators and the former Navy Seal who served on the investigative counsel all conspired to help evil Louis Freeh frame poor, innocent Poe Paterno and the rest of the PSU leadership, right?

Go ahead and say it. There are lots of dimwits reading this who are just as willfully ignorant as you. They'll support your theory. Just man-up and have the guts to own it.

-Gary

10. DB Bill

DB Bill Active Member

Gary - I do believe, that if Joe Paterno were charged and put on trial for all the things you are condemming him for, and the jury was presented with the information you feel condemns him -- and I don't care where you hold the trial -- a fair & impartial jury would come back with a Not Guilty verdict.

I just posted something else that I suspect you won't find credible but why don't you read it anyway - the writer doesn't claim Paterno is innocent, only there isn't any evidence to support he's guilty.

I have children and more than a few grand-children and I can't imagine the emotional trauma a child being abused goes thru and I'd want to castrate the person who did it but lynching the most visible figure around won't take the pain away and it certainly isn't the road to justice.

The Freeh Report is a joke and the way he presented it to the press was worse as it didn't mention two mistakes listed in the ERRATA section with respect to dates - did you check the effect the mistakes have with respect to the time-line as presented in the report.

11. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Here, read the Grand Jury report and tell us that's "a joke" too. McQueary went straight to Paterno, on the advice of his father, and Joe made damn sure the authorities never found out. The conversations are documented.

Go to bed tonight knowing you spent part of your day trying to undermine the courageous people who make child molesters and their enablers pay for their crimes (one of the most sickening jobs on earth, by the way). Ask your kids and grandkids how they feel about that.

-Gary

12. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

DB Bill now joins the other "We Are Penn Staters" such as Todd Blackledge, Franco Harris, Matt Millen, etc. as apologists for Joe Pa. The people of Pennsylvania just can't believe that Joe Pa isn't a saint.

13. Brian in Oregon

I don't see DB Bill as being on the Penn State rah rah squad. I see him as someone questioning whether proper legal procedure was done. All too often the lynch mob mentality sweeps justice to the side. For the record I think Paterno did the things he's accused of. But I also believe that a nation that shrugs off the legal system, flawed as it is, winds up as a nation without rule of law, something prevalent with the White House lately.

14. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Penn State itself commissioned the investigation and agreed not to challenge the NCAA's penalties based upon it. So lets not pretend the "legal system" failed poor PSU.

You'll get a snootful of what the legal system does if Penn State closes their checkbook and let's those civil cases go to trial.

-Gary

15. DB Bill

DB Bill Active Member

Gary You and I agree partially on this one as PSU early in the process recognized the press (ESPN abd Dan Patrick especially) had already chosen Paterno - really the only person at PSU know to public who didn't live in PA, as the hook to attact watches and readers and happens, each lead in and head-line had Paterno's name in it ---all before any substantial in the way of informaiton came out -- but repeat it often enough and itg must be true.

With Paterno already by the media the Board of Trustees jumped in (even Louis said they did it wrong) and fired him. The new admin wanting to appear as pure as driven snow rolled over and offered up Paterno. gift-wrapped,as an offering. PSU wants go be as far away from Paterno as it can get and if it takes tghrowing him under the bus so be it.

Penn State BS Meteorology Class of 67
    Penn State MS Environmental Science Class of 77

16. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Well there you have it, good old fashioned Home Cookin'. At least he finally admitted it.

-Gary

17. DB Bill

DB Bill Active Member

I don't think anyone else ever ask before.

18. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Yeah, the bias is pretty obvious when someone goes to so much trouble defending the morally indefensible.

-Gary

19. Brian in Oregon

Speaking of going to so much trouble... look who is doing just that to beat down all other discussion short of his own extreme viewpoint, even resorting to innuendo that if others aren't for the most extreme penalty that they must somehow support child molestation. Since bias has been brought up, makes you wonder what skeletons are in THAT closet?

20. Snowjet

Snowjet Member

The new admin. at Penn State accepted all those sanctions, as opposed to a 4 year death penalty. What a choice.
    Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.