1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

LOTTERY BANK ROTATION and Chair Shooters

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ontariogal, Jan 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ontariogal

ontariogal Member

Folks, I need your help.

Can someone explain to me the method by which the tournament management at the larger competitions accomodate the chair shooters who have presquadded or prefer to shoot with the same dedicated squad, when management employs the random draw for bank rotation each day?

As we know, often at the clubs who host these tournaments there are only two "accessible" fields.

Appreciate your knowledge, thanks.
    Barbara Sheldon

2. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

The Michigan Trapshooting Association has ten reasonably accessible banks, at least three of which are completely accessible under all weather conditions. Chair shooters usually just shoot on the random bank assigned.

If there's any problem, the procedure while I was on the BoD was that shooters notified shoot management in the squadding room of their needs, and they'd be assigned to one of the three completely accessible banks in use for that event (there's always at least one), along with the rest of the squad if they want.

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

At some clubs I shoot, the fields are all accessible to chair shooters (Silver Dollar) and these shooters fall in with everyone else. At another club (Spartan burg SC) only the upper fields are easily accessible in a chair. When I shoot with a chair shooter at that club, and I often do, I have to help him down the hill to the lower traps. Unless Dave beats me in the event, I also help him get back up the hill when we are done. I do not have a problem with chair shooters getting special assignment to banks, but the chair shooters I know do not want any special considerations.

Pat Ireland

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.