1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Lots of newbie questions answered. Thank you!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Questor, Dec 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Questor

Questor TS Member

I just got started in trap shooting and this forum has been very helpful to me in understanding some of the important aspects of the game. Thank you for your help and for taking the time to answer my many crazy questions. Things are starting to make sense now.

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

And just look at the best part...now that you've been here at least a week, and have shot a few rounds - you're now qualified to give advice to OTHERS!

Cheers and welcome to the treehouse! This place is great.

3. whos your daddy

whos your daddy TS Member

could someone explain "lewis class"

4. noseeam

noseeam TS Member

Questor,welcome to the site.

Now ,let me prepare you for some of the most grumpy #ssholes on earth.
    If you have a question they will be there to help.

If one of them get on your butt,let it go and do not take it as an insult.

Some of the best people you have ever met are on this forum.

So fair warning,and once again Welcome.

Bocephas

5. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Questor.....Don't listion to Buzzgun....he's an idiot! [Hot dam....this ought to get the nasties going again...love it}!

6. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Lewis class: a system that makes me shoot one target more than I should in order to collect.

Mash the link.

HM

7. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

In a nut shell, the Lewis Class is a way to score some prize money by virtue of luck of where your score lands in the total list of scores rather than skill. For example, if you take an event with 30 shooters and the program says there will be 3 classes in the payoff, each shooter will contribute his $10 (or whatever the program says) to make a pool of $300. Then when the event is over, the scores are listed in order of highest to lowest and the list will be divided into 3 groups of 10. The first 10 highest scores are a class with the winner being the top shooter. The second 10 scores are the second class with the top score in that group being the winner and the same with the last 10 scores. So in this simplified explanation, the best shooter, the 11th best shooter, and the 21st best shooter will be the 3 class winners. It will get a little more complicated with ties and all but that's the basic idea....breakemall....Bob Dodd

8. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

hello:
    at large handicap shoots, i have always used 9's, 4's and 5's!
    steve balistreri

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.