1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Lost Target

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by shotgunjerry, Jul 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shotgunjerry

shotgunjerry Active Member

I shot at a target which I thought I missed. When the puller read the scores at the end of the post she gave me a 5. I immediatly questioned her and told her I had lost a target, she said no she had seen a piece come off the target, I then asked my squad mates if any of them had seen a piece come off and nobody had seen anything, I then told her to mark it lost. One of my squad mates said they could have had her mark it as a lost if I hadn,t, I said B.S. she (the puller) has the say on a target called dead and the shooter him self is the only one who can have her change it to a loss. She was questioned three times, twice saying she had seen a piece and the third time saying she thought she seen a piece. Who has the final say????

2. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

The scorer makes the final decision. I applaud you for pointing out that you thought it was a lost target; but after her answer that there had been a chip, you should have dropped the matter. The other guys should have kept out of it, so far as the scorer was concerned.

best...mike

3. tom berry

tom berry Active Member

anyone on the squad can comment on the target, but the scorer has the final decision.

4. Border Bandit

Let's turn it around. You saw a chip and the scorer calls "lost". Every other member of the squad agrees that the target was chipped, and the scorer still says it was a lost target. The scorer has the final word and it gets scored as a lost target. There are avenues to take after the fact; but at this juncture, the scorer has the final word. As my friend Gwyn says: The decision is not negotiable.

best...mike

5. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

In echo, the score keep has the final say.

6. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Border Bandit, $20 says they will change it! (Wink)

7. Border Bandit

BigM, I agree, and never seen a scorer refuse to change a mistake when several competitors saw the chip, either way. However, we've heard about some notorious squads when they've tried to protect a score, and in some cases "special" scorers were assigned to those squads. It's why the rule is in place, and in my opinion, a good one.

Best...mike

8. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Why not go to the video replay? HMB

9. 9point3

9point3 Well-Known Member

She said she saw a chip.

Its hard to be mistaken and see a chip, Its easy to be mistaken and not see a chip.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.