1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

lost my other dog today

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by omgb, Jul 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

I had to put down my last dog today, lost the other one in Jan. Ryky was 16, Cisco, whom I lost today was just a month shy of 14. They were inseperable until death. Love can be damned painful. I can only hope to be as good a man as Cisco was a dog.

R J Talley

2. TC

TC TS Member

Sorry to hear of your loss. Tony

3. Bryce720

Bryce720 Active Member

Sorry for your loss, my golden is getting older she has been my partner in crime for 10 years. I tear up just thinking about it.

4. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

The only bad thing about having a good dog is having to let them go too soon.

I feel your pain.

5. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

It is never easy. We should hope to be the person our dogs see us as.....

6. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

Sorry about your loss. I also lost a dog in Jan. and it's only slightly better now. Even at all the shoots I go to, friends ask about her. Brings the memories flooding back. They keep asking if I am going to get another one.

Not a chance! There was only one "charlie" She even walked down the isle to help give my daughter away. Outdoor wedding.

Rick in Mt.

7. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

If Cisco hadn't gotten ill so suddenly he was going to travel with us to Bozeman next week. That would have been his third trip to MT. I was looking foreward to fishing with him up at Three Forks while my wife visited with her mother. I've gotta change plans now. And then there's all of the dog things around the house......This is really tough.

8. DONNE

DONNE Member

I know your feelings all too well , and can only offer my sympathy.

Please consider adopting another dog. You can never replace your old buddies , but there are also a lot of homeless dogs out there who need a chance. Remember , you made them the way they were , and I'll bet you can do it again .....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.