1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Lost my Lexie

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by puablo, Dec 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

Had to have my one lab, Lexie put to sleep the other night...he's the guy with all the gray. His brother, Luke is feeling bad, and missing him just like my wife and I.
    They were 14 years old, so I am thankful that he lived that long and had a great life.

2. Joe McGorman

Joe McGorman TS Member

Sorry for your loss puablo, hard to lose a good friend who is always glad to see you. Joe McGorman

3. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

puablo....I am very sorry for your loss. I lost my girl 5 yrs. ago and not a day goes by that I don't look for her and still miss her terribly.

I finally got up enough courage to get another Lab this past September....and she's a beaut!!

Merry Christmas,

Curt
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

We were trimming and decorating our christmas tree last night and as we unloaded our box of ornaments, we unwrapped a GSP figurine that resembed our old GSP Rusty who we lost two years ago. We were all in tears as hung the ornament in its place of honor.

Sorry to hear of your loss Jeff, unfortunately I know the heartache all too well.

5. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Thata is just as hard as losing a child.

6. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Sorry to hear about that Phillip, it hurts both you guys and the other pup, they get to be like brothers, best friends most of the time but ready to kill each other over the last bone or treat, but after they make up, it's all over, and they're buds again

7. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

I have to agree, go get another one. Waiting juat makes you feel bad that much longer. Bill in MI

8. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

The Rainbow Bridge

There is a bridge connecting Heaven and Earth. It is called the Rainbow Bridge because of its many colors. Just on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge there is a land of meadows, hills, and valleys with lush green grass.

When a beloved pet dies, the pet goes to this place. There is always food and water, and warm spring weather. The old and frail animals are young again. Those who are maimed are made whole again. They play all day with each other.

There is only one thing missing. They are not with their special person who loved them on Earth. So, each day they run and play until the day comes when one suddenly stops playing and looks up! The nose twitches! The ears are up! The eyes are staring! And this one suddenly runs from the group!

You have been seen, and when you and your special friend meet, you take him or her in your arms and embrace. Your face is kissed again and again, and you look once more into the eyes of your trusting pet.

Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge, never again to be separated.

9. cbxchris

cbxchris Active Member

When ya treat him like a child and lose em it feels no different. Sorry for your loss.........hopefully time will lessen the pain.

10. bear2

bear2 TS Member

I saw this post and passed it over more tham twice.I KNEW what it was about.Anyone who has had a dog ,knows this is one of the worst days in your life.They give you their love and respect their whole life.They love you unconditionally.

Every time I have to go through this ,I say"no more I can`t go through this again",and at the time you mean it. But time is a great healer,we foget the pain,and get another "little baby".

I write this with a tear in my eye.I KNOW what you are going through.I feel your pain.I hope that time heals the wound.The only thing that I try to remember is that we "dog people" treat our dogs like kids,and they lived a great life with us.Sorry for your loss.
    Barry

11. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Puablo, I'm sorry to hear about the loss of a member of your family. Having been through this a few times I know how hard it is. I'm sure it's not on the radar screen but your other pup is going to need a friend. GO find a new friend !

12. Mismost

Mismost TS Member

Sorry for your loss. You did good by that dog, 14 years is a long time for a lab. You must have taken very good care of him all his life and in the end you helped him out one last time. Hard to do. I lost Bailey little over a year ago. I still scan the yard every time I drive through the gate expecting to see her.

Nothing can replace an old friend. But, you can make new ones! My new friend is a little Cairn Terrier named Pita (pain in the a$$)which she really is....but she is also very amusing. She ain't no Lab, but she does the best she can. I just could not even think about another Lab....but we were talking about it the other night....someday.

13. TC

TC TS Member

So sorry to hear of your loss. Been down that road several times, it is always hard. Tony

14. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

It never doesn't hurt. I'm sorry. wireguy

15. slipping into darkness

slipping into darkness TS Member

It breaks my heart to hear of your lost and some of the posting are most moving, I'm close to going over that Rainbow Bridge and should be reunited with 5 GS Pointers & 3 wirer hairs. it never doesn't hurt. my wife & I have over the last 25 yrs have rescued kick to the curb and unwanted old ones and gave them the best care they could get till it was there time. "God Bless.

16. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

Sorry for your loss... Our families hearts go out to you...

17. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

puablo: As you can see, many of us have experienced this and it surely hurts. They are a part of the family. When we lost our yellow lab, we were devastated. We finally decided to get another lab. This lab will never replace the other one; but we love him just as much. My heart goes out to you. Ed

18. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

So sorry Jeff. Brings back tears and memories from this spring when I had to put Alder down. There's obviously a lot of dog people on here, all with good hearts. My best to you, Bob

19. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

Thanks to all of you for the kind words. We sure miss the pup, but realize it's part of life that goes with having pets. These 2 guys were fantastic dogs, brothers who never didn't get along. Lex would groom his brother everyday. So, Luke is very sad right now, so we're spending extra time with him.
    The day Lexie died, he wouldn't eat, so I knew the time had come. I picked up a steak for him just in case he changed his mind.
    In the evening, he ate every chunk of the steak while laying down with his head on his side. When the vet came to put him to sleep at 10:30 that night, Luke layed right up against him when he got the shot. My wife and I held his head. Luke must have understood what was happening to his brother. Very sad, but like I said before, I'm thankful to God that we had him for 14 wonderful years.
    Thanks again for your kind thoughts. puablo/Jeff Philipbar

20. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

I don't know about all of you but I think dogs are a lot nicer than most people. You really feel like crap when you have to put them down. Bulge.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.