1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Lost my lab today

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by nailer123, Sep 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nailer123

nailer123 TS Member

Lost my 7year old lab today . She was full of cancer i had know idea she stop eating this morning so i went to the vet.She did get to come home sad day.

2. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

nailer, I am very sorry for your loss. I know hard it is, if your like my wife and I they become close members of the family. Take solice in the fact that she's no longer in pain. Remember all the good times and after some time go get another friend

3. samiam03

samiam03 Member

I'm very sorry to read that you lost your lab. I offer my deepest condolence. I'm very familiar with the pain you feel.

Again - very sorry to hear of your loss.

Sam

4. dcb_wvu

dcb_wvu Member

So sorry for your loss. We lost our Plott Hound last year, been with us 16 years. Really enjoying the company of my Lab, Beagle and Walker right now.

Sorry for your loss, remember the good times. I took Ms. Mocha's tag and put it on my key chain. That dog was the reason I married my wife, it takes a special woman to love a Coon hound!

5. nailer123

nailer123 TS Member

Dcb thanks that made me lol about the wife and the coon hound .

6. shark1

shark1 Member

I am sorry for your loss. Michael Sharkey, DC

7. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

I am sorry that you lost your lab. They are very special dogs. We used to raise them when I was a teenager.

8. emm2

emm2 Member

I am very sorry to hear about your lab, they are part of the family and a great loss when they leave us.

9. dzeh

dzeh Member

Sorry for your loss. Similar thing happened to me a little over a month ago. One of my goldens (7 yrs old too) wasn't acting his usual hyper self. Started out he got a bad case of demodex. Got that under control but we were suspicious something more serious was going on. His appetite wasn't the same and then he vomited a couple times. Took him to the vet, he felt around took some x-rays and said it looked like he had a tumor on his splean. Left him with the vet that evening for surgery in the AM. Got a call while my vet had him in surgery and he informed me that Finnegan was full of cancer. Had to call my wife who was busy in surgery herself. We decided it would be best not to wake him up. Needless to say we were devestated. Remember the good times you've had with them.

10. TC

TC TS Member

Nailer, Sorry for your loss. Tony

11. SevenMaryThree

SevenMaryThree Member

I'm sorry for your loss. I'm replying with my 11 1/2 y/o Labrador at my side. She recently became incontinent of her bladder during the night. We can fix that with daily medication, but I understand the inevitability of what lies before us and it is not easy.

12. lance howard

lance howard Member

Nailer123, I am very sorry for your loss. I lost my best buddy April 22. She was 13 years 10 months. Best black lab I ever had. Went everywhere with me. Wish you well. I will get another in due time. Lance Howard

13. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Know how you feel. They made puppies so cute to ease your pain.

14. BigBruno

BigBruno TS Member

Damn sorry to hear!! I never replaced my lab when he died. He use to hunt and catch pheasant on his own.

15. 525Shooter

525Shooter Member

My condolences on the loss of your beloved friend. It always amazes me how these awesome creatures touch our hearts. Take solace that you will always remember them by their wonderful personalities.

16. colonel klink

colonel klink Active Member

I know exactly how you feel right now. I lost my lab a couple weeks ago. She was 14 yrs old & also had cancer so I had to have her put down. I cried like a baby & I don't care who knows that (it hurts). I'm sorry for your loss, hang in there, it does get better. Colonel

17. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member

Nailer,

Very sorry to hear about the loss of your best buddy. I can only imagine your feeling right now and I do not look forward to that day myself.

Jon Reitz

18. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

Just remember all the joy and fond memories the pain will disapate but the memories will remain forever. I am going to walk my Lab Ginger right now while it is still cool here in Fla I also have had many dogs and Labs are special to me also. My wife wanted a lap dog but my Daughter chose a Lab and that Lab ownes my wife it did not take long for Ginger to make mush out of my wife.

Buddy Walters

19. Bill Stern

Bill Stern Member

Look up "The Rainbow Bridge" on the internet. It will help you feel better, although you'll never stop missing your dog, whether you get another or not.

20. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Very sorry to hear...I know if your baby could talk she would tell you about all of the beautiful lab pups going to shelters because in these hard times people are not able to keep them or buy them...get another one now..having two will give your old girl some more company and will also make it easier for her to move on when her time is done knowing that you are being taken care of by another pup that she had time to train properly in how to do it right

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

missing my labrador