1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Lost my Dad

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by 100after9, Nov 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 100after9

100after9 TS Member

It has been about a week now. My dad lost his battle with cancer. He was an ATA shooter and League shooter for Greater Jackson Sportsmens in Mundys Corner. His name was Jack Capatch. He was more that a dad, He was my mentor, coach but above all my best friend. From the time I can remember I was at his side . Running beagles, playing sports and finally shooting trap. in what we call our Mountain Top League he holds the highest average, Out of 21 matches of a 25 bird league he hold a 24.904. We now only shoot 18 matches so that average will always stand.He lost the love of his life 6 months ago... his wife and my mom.. so to say it has been a bad year is an understatement. My dad only asked one thing of me it was to keep the sport going... with that he gave me his gun. So I went to the club and shot the best scores I have shoot all year. He will always be with me on and off the line.

2. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Losing a father is always a sad event. Losing a father who was also your best friend is doubly sad. As long as you keep his memory alive inside of you he will never be truely gone.

Eric

3. traedawg

traedawg TS Member

I am sorry to hear about your loss. I am 17 and I lost my dad to a brain anurism 2 years ago. He was the greatest person I new and I miss him every day. It is a bad feeling and it was something I hoped I wouldnt have to deal with for a long time but it just hit and happened so fast. Keep your head up and remember the good times.
    Tanner

4. 100after9

100after9 TS Member

Thank you!!!! He and Mom will always be together in my heart.

5. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I will remember you in my prayers. It's no simple thing when we've lost a close loved one but with God's help you will replace the sadness with comfort that your Father is in a better place and is no longer suffering. The Bible speaks of Joy coming in the morning. After the darkest and bleakest hour comes the sun. Trust God and you will see that come to pass. Remembering you and your family in prayer. Jackie B.

6. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

My sincere condolences. My dad left us unexpectedly thirty years ago next month, on my mom's birthday..Not a day goes by that I don't think of him. A truly man's man, a hellofa shot, and generous to a fault. I've passed two of his guns on to my sons who barely remember him but still do manage to hold a few faint thoughts. He is gone but not forgotten.

7. drbortone

drbortone Member

My sincere condolences for your loss. My dad also passed on this month 24 yrs ago. He was my best friend and like yours he supported me all the way in the sport I love. Your words express very well the love you have for him and your mom - certainly I see a great man in you like your dad was..keep the sport and his memory alive.

8. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

Sorry for your loss. I know what it was like when I lost my parents.

9. luvnbearhugs1

luvnbearhugs1 TS Member

Sending you healing thoughts and prayers from Virginia. I lost my dad when I was 24. It's like it was yesterday evening though it was 25 years on the Nov 13. It gets easier, but you never forget. The love stays.

Luvn

10. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

so sorry for your loss! Continue to remember the good times, I lost my Dad in Sept and my mom 5 weeks later.

It is great to have been so close to your Dad, you are truly lucky to have shared so much with him!-FrankC

11. michmoe

michmoe TS Member

Sorry to hear of your loss...sounds like you were lucky to have had him...May God bless.

12. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

100after9, So sorry to hear of your loss. My condolences to you.

You touched me when you said he was your best friend, as I too thought of my Dad in those terms.

Peace be with you.

Hauxfan!

13. Kim Little

Kim Little Member

May your memories of all the good times you shared comfort you during this difficult time. Kim

14. Urbans

Urbans Member

You were truly blessed to have such interaction with your father. Not a day goes by without thinking of my father. Peace be with you, throughout this Holiday season. Ed Freise

15. k810329

k810329 Member

sorry for your loss.you'll be in my prayers

16. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Very sad to hear of your loss. Our condolences to you and your family.

Devi and Martin

17. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

My dad called me this past spring. We talk a lot....but he called to say that it had been 9 years since I'd been back to go deer hunting with him and the rest of his gang.

He's 70. We have a lot more hunts behind us than in front of us.

Of course, I went. Just got back last week...had a HELL of a time. Just like the old days. And I saw folks I hadn't seen in 20 years. Roger Foster was back hunting this year, first time I'd seen him since 1989. He's had two heart attacks and cancer...but he's still hunting.

Make the call. Spend the time.

I'd wager that most of us are of the age that we have more time with our dad behind us than to look forward to....

18. zinger

zinger Member

Sorry to hear of your loss. All of us who've lost our parents feel your heartache...and knowing that they are now together helps me get through my days.

19. Jennifer

Jennifer Member

Very sad for your loss. I lost both my parents within 11 months, in '03 & '04. It was a very bad time and I feel your pain. You have to grieve but you also have to carry on with your chin up and live your life in a way that would make them proud. Shoot well, Jen & Steve

20. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

I's sorry to hear of the loss of your father and best friend. It does get easier as time goes by remeber all the great times and keep your fond memories.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

jack capatch