1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Lost my chocolate lab today

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Steve D1, Jun 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve D1

Steve D1 TS Member

Lost my ol girl today ,sure does hurt , went away for a few days and my son called to say my Abbie passed away today in his arms sure wish I was there. Almost 15 years old lots of good memories. Thanks for letting me morn on here.

2. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

I can relate Steve. Our chocolate lab Missey became ill at about 7 years old. Just started wasting away. Took her to a vet who could find nothing wrong. Took her to another vet who kept her locked away over the weekend. We went by to check on her Monday morning to find her dead in a cage. That was in 2006 and 'till today I'm still apologizing to her for letting her die alone in a cage.

Never get over that.

Condolances and sympathy to you my friend...

milt

3. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Sorry a choc lab looks like a lab to me-

Gene

4. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

My deepest sympathies - I know how hard it is.

5. Husky44

Husky44 Active Member

Condolences and sympathy for your loss. I lost my black lab of 13 years on May 21st, passed in my arms. She was more than a dog, was a family member. I know what you’re going through, maybe the worse thing I ever had to deal with. Time does heal, took a week before I could even return to work and still hurts to even think about her being gone. My dog was also named Abby and I know she’s in a better place and pain free. Try to remember the good times, and with labs the funny things they seem to do, Take care

Domenic

6. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

So sorry to hear of your loss. Alot of us have been there and you will be in out thoughts and prayers. Read the rainbow bridge, I still have a copy on my wall at work with a pic of Rajh above it. It helps. John

7. Twixter

Twixter Member

Steve:

Find a copy of Rainbow Bridge. It helps, Lost my buddy of 14 yrsjust 6 weeks ago and it ins't much better, but a little bit. If anyone has it please post it here for steve.

Mick

8. BudLight

BudLight Member

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
    There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
    There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
    The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

9. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear..know the feeling of losing a 4 legged child...try remembering the good tail wagging times that I'm sure you had lots of over the years...it does help..CalMD

10. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

You have many friends here who share your grief. I'm sorry for your loss.

11. TC

TC TS Member

My condolences, sorry to hear of your loss. Tony

12. cbxchris

cbxchris Active Member

I am sorry to hear of your loss....hopefully time can help heal it. As I type this my 118 pound wiemmy is laying here watching me. I understand completely that its a family member you just lost,not a dog.

13. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

I know the pain and it HURTS!--Cling to the good memorires! God Bless!

14. Steve D1

Steve D1 TS Member

Thank- you to all that posted,really has helped.

15. shadow

shadow Active Member

I am 72 in poor health and have a lab/chessie mix that adores me. The dog will probably outlive me. I shall wait patiently for him so we can be together forever.

16. ExFedex

ExFedex Active Member

After over 10 years without a Lab I finally gave in and we now have a 3 month old chocolate pup named Boog. At age 72 I don't really care if he chews on the rocking chair, its headed for an estate sale eventually anyway. Been a long time since someone wanted to chew on my toes but he is there every morning right outside the bedroom door. What a joy he is. Get another pup if you can gentlemen. Thanks Jim he is a beauty and a hell of a chick magnet too!

17. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Steve really sorry to hear about that, it really does hurt when they go

18. Steve NJ

Steve NJ Member

I'm sorry for your loss. WE lost our Black Lab a year ago on the 21st. Saddest day I can remember, never though we would get another Dog. I am sitting here looking at our Spinone pup we got about 6 weeks ago.... time helps heal and after some time a puppy helps alot too. Again, sorry for your loss.....

19. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

The emotional pain is as real and intense as it gets - time does moderate the pain but it seems to take forever. Your pal Abbie dedicated her life to being your friend and did her best to please you so she wouldn't want you to be miserable. Remember the good times and don't be afraid to find a new pal in the near future. Dogs deserve a to have a caring person such as yourself. Take care and wishing you better days.

20. Pull|Bang

Pull|Bang TS Member

I'm very sorry for your loss. Remember only the best and that wagging tail...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.