1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

lost my buddy

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by lumpys600, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lumpys600

lumpys600 Member

After 3 days of missing him. I finally have the power to write this without crying.[maybe] On April 28th i had to put my one and only Gunner down. The 7 year old Chessie was a reterieving machine. And the best dam dog i ever had. I could have bought a dozen dogs with the money i spent trying to save him. The time i got was worth everything.My family will miss him. My house will never be the same.Rest in peace my friend.

2. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

Went through the same thing myself not long ago, understand and share your grief. Bought myself and my girl an extra year together and worth every penny. I feel blessed to have had her in my life.

Robert

3. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Sorry for your loss and pain,

Think happy thoughts, time heals.

4. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

Truly sorry for your loss!
    It just SUCKS no matter what anyone says!
    Rooferbob

5. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

It is way "worse than sucks" I have an 11 year old that isn't doing the best, but I'll do whatever I have to to make him last as long as possible. I am truly sorry for your loss. I wish I knew how to help.

Chuck

6. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

There are many here who share your pain. Doug

7. psfive

psfive Member

I have done this twice. Wishing no one ever had to be in this position. Paul in GINebraska.

8. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. Dogs deliver so much love and ask so little in retun. I just read on the internet something called "A dogs Last Will" the gist of the passage was to fill your loss of your friend go find dog that needs a home and hasn't had one. Touching! Find a friend to fill the void it does make it eaiser.

9. AJKohler

AJKohler Member

All of my sympathies. I've lost way too many dogs, including several who were extra special friends, and all I can say is that it never gets any easier and yet we keep signing up for it. Dogs give so much, ask so little and, all too often, get just that.

Not in my home.

I wait for the day I join them at Rainbow Bridge - and if it's not there, I'll build it myself just so I can join them.

Tony

10. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Our pals bring so much good into our lives that we are devistated when the end comes. Sorry for your loss but glad your Gunner had someone that cared for him as deeply as you did.

11. APrice

APrice Active Member

Been through this twice in the last 18 months. It might not seem like much comfort right now, but I can tell you that the pain will mostly subside with the passage of time. I can still get choked up if I dwell on the memories of my girls, but most of the time I can now just smile and go on. I spent about 6 months in the "never again" stage, then fell in love with a little 8 week old rescue. She's 8 months old now and is my best buddy. If I have to do it again, I plan on getting another puppy sooner than later.

BTW, our tendency is to selfishly try to keep them with us too long. They can't communicate to you very well how they are suffering, they become more stoic as their pain increases. Don't let your pal suffer needlessly.

12. Mdl1261

Mdl1261 Member

For the short time We have them here with us they ask for so very little in return for All the love they give us. Go and get a Friend at a shelter that has no one to love her or him . Very sorry for your loss ...Chuck in Chicago

13. In Clay We Crush

In Clay We Crush TS Member

So very sorry for your loss. I too have had too recently put down a GSP a once in a lifetime Grouse and woodcock hunter. Eleven years of amazing hunting gone.
    I have a four year old female Chessie now. Have spent an arm and a leg too get her right. From a bad situation. She too has given me great memories on the river and in the bay. So I can only imagine how painful it is. But feel blessed you had those times.

So sorry

Michael

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.