1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

lost money order has this happened to you??

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by skeetiee, Jan 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeetiee

skeetiee Member

i bought a shotgun from a dealer in california and sent him a money order regular mail on jan 2 as of today he still hasnt received it. i live in illinois so i know it should take a couple days but i am starting to really get worried. i called the bank and they said it takes 90 days to stop payment on a money order. the guy seems honest and has good feedback so i am not really worried about that. i checked with the bank and the money order hasnt been cashed yet either. i dont know what to think. has anyone had anything simaler happen to you? lee

2. Cherokee Kid

Cherokee Kid TS Member

Money orders aren't worth the paper on which they are printed. They are probably THE WORST FORM OF PAYMENT YOU CAN USE.

3. nipper

nipper TS Member

i had a buyer send me a usps money order december 19th it still has not arrived,but they replaced it with another one and got a refund for the first one,it probably will be found behind a mail sorter machine in 20 years.

Bill

4. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Post office lost one of mine once also. It never did show up, filled out a form after 60 days refund check came in a very short time. Bill

5. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

I live in Texas and we sent the grandkids cards on the same day but they arrived one day apart. Took one eight days and the other nine days. Mail can be slow.

Just wait a little longer. Ray........

6. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Yeah, I sent one to Terry Jordan (Wall Chart Shooting System) and the Canadian Postal Service lost it for several months. Terry sent the chart anyway, and I sent him another money order. Months later, he got the missing one.

And yeah, 90 days is about right. You'll be lucky if you don't get a $25 stop payment fee.

How did you send it? I always use USPS Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation, which allows tracking.

BTW, this was for a scaled down wall chart Terry custom made for me so it would proportionally match my living room.

7. emm2

emm2 Member

I had one lost in the mail last year. My bank had me fill out a form mail it to the dealer, have him sign the form saying he would not cash it and send it back to me. The whole deal took 3 days and when I gave my bank the signed form they credited my account that day. Not as big a deal as I thought. Shane

8. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

USPS lost one I sent to a shooter on this site. He said he didn't receive it and I believe him. He told me it was probably a good thing that happened because he decided not to sell it while he was waiting. He never contacted me after 3 or 4 days to ask where it was. When I called him, he told me he never got it. I figure that part was BS, and somebody offered him more for the handgun. It was a LNIB series 80 Colt for $400.00 and I had it sold for $600.00 the next day. USPS not only made me wait 60 days, they cost me the $200.00 profit. Thanks USPS

AJ100

9. tj303

tj303 Member

Use a postal money order and send it certified. That way there are no questions of who, what, where, when.

10. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

Three weeks is very common with normal mail, one chart took 28 days to get to WA. another was 6 months getting to a guy in NY. A long time after I replaced it (5 months) the original showed up.

Terry.

11. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

I taught for ten years at a college in SW Michigan. I'm getting to an age where I'm starting to think about retirement, so I called them up to get an estimate of what I would get from them. The woman I talked to promised to send me the materials the next day. It had not arrived after several weeks, so I called again to see what happened. She said that she had sent it out as promised, and she had the correct address, so I had her send it out again. The first one arrived a couple of days later, with a postmark that indicated it had been sent the day she said it was and in transit from SW Michigan to SE Idaho for several weeks. This happened last month, and was first-class mail. Lee, it is entirely possible that you have suffered a USPS screwup like I did.

12. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

hello:
    i work in a bank, the first thing we tell people is to call the post office and request a tracer. they will track and see if this money order was actually delivered. secondly, aFTER THAT IS DONE, talk to the head person where you purchased the m.o. and see if they will speed up the situation. if you purchased the m.o. at a bank, get the ph# of the company the m.o. is drawn on. you will find, banks, & places that sell m.o. have no incentive to act swiftly, unless you have alot of money with them and threaten to take it elsewhere.
    steve balistreri

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.