1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Lost at the Grand

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Mike Michalski, Aug 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike Michalski

Mike Michalski Member

My friend "lost" a brown leather 4 box shell carrier with 2 sets of prescription shooting glasses in the side pocket(s). Anyone see or hear of this? Lost and found had nothing.

2. Mike Michalski

Mike Michalski Member

Guess not. Thanks

3. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Sorry, Mike. Haven't heard of anyone finding one, either. Where was he when they were lost (on the line, at the practice trap, in the clubhouse, etc.)? Maybe that information will help jog someone's memory of seeing something.

4. recurvyarcher

Advocate, read the last sentence in Mike's post.

5. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

Call the WRSC office 618-295-2700, ask the staff maybe someone what nice enough to turn in the lost item.

Ronbo

6. recurvyarcher

He already talked to Lost and Found at the WRSC. Read the first post CAREFULLY.

7. recurvyarcher

Keep a business card or something with your ATA number on it inside your shooting bags, shell carriers, gun cases, etc. It's a good idea.

8. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Mine's so ugly and beat up, no one would want it. I have left if lots of times and when I go back, it is still there.

9. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

Usually trap shooters are an honest bunch. On the squad I was shooting at the Grand a fellow came back for the second hundred all bumed out about losing his $2000 watch sometime after shooting the first 100. One of the other squad members said he picked up a watch in the parking lot nearby but turned it into the L&F. When asked to describe what he found the gentleman recognized it as his and made the second 100 much more enjoyable, he shot a 99. I sure in time it will show up, good luck.

10. recurvyarcher

Yeah, ask me about when my Perazzi walked off at this year's Grand while I was waiting for a shootoff! Somebody turned it in to the officials thinking that I had left it on the stand and went home. After a few minutes of sheer panic, I got it back, then won the shootoff.

Whoever did it was trying to help me, not steal my gun. :) We have mostly good people in our sport, I think the glasses and carrier will show up at some point.

11. Mike Michalski

Mike Michalski Member

Thanks all. We'll keep calling WRSC lost and found.

12. Mike Michalski

Mike Michalski Member

Nothing as of today.

13. Mike Michalski

Mike Michalski Member

14. nspktr1

nspktr1 TS Member

They had to contact special licensed waste hauler to pick it up.

15. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

The local Club gives a shooter shooting his first 100 straight a very nice money clip . It has his or her name and the club name on it . Last winter a gentleman from this club was in Florida shooting . He was at a club and useing the showers one morning and lost his money clip . He shooter found it later and not knowing what to do sent it to the club named on the clip .

This money Clip had over 700.00 dollars in it and it was all there .

ALF

16. recurvyarcher

I'm not sure that I would drink any milk that came out of THAT carton. Especially when y'all are talking about getting down to the "bottom" of things in relation to Zara...

17. crusha

crusha TS Member

To the lucky finder, it's some fine ass, I can vouch for that...(enjoy what's left)

18. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

At 2007 Grand my buddy inadvertantly put his cell phone in an empty shell flat box and then dropped it into the trash near our tent. About 10 pm he realized he could not find his phone. He thought he might have put it in the flat box. We go back out to the WSRC and the garbage has have been picked up. We then go to the dumpsters , about 8 or 10 industrial sized dumpsters, and ring his number. My kid hears it ring on about the 3rd call, walks over to a dumpster and says " it is in that Bag". We put him on top and he hands us the bag. Sure enough, we have the phone. Some days it pays to be lucky.

Charlie

19. gus wasso

gus wasso TS Member

what no reward

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.