1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Lost another shooter--- Mike Columbus from Israel

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by motordoctor, Dec 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

I heard from mike's wife this morning via email that he passed away the other day. She said monday but not sure if it was today because of the time change or last week. I do not know much else. I send an email with a story to Mike and his wife sent me back this information. He is "MIKE-ISRAEL"----Mike Columbus. Although I never met Mike I have exchanged e-mails with him many times. He lived on a kibbutz in Israel and did travel, shooting more international then regular trap. He was always a contributor on this site and had many nice things to interject. Keep shooting and enjoy life the best you can. Joe Rossman Motordoc

2. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Sorry, to hear about Mike. I enjoyed his international posts.

3. Sportshot

Sportshot Active Member

Very sorry to hear this. Mike spoke fondly of his wife and his love of trapshooting, as they traveled to different countries together. It was an inspirational story. An International ambassador. Truly sorry to hear this.

4. TEXASZEPHYR

TEXASZEPHYR Member

I to really enjoyed mikes posts, and especially the pictures he posted of the many places that he shot at around the world. I will truly miss his posts on ts.c and am sure the world has lost a great ambasador for our srort.

Bob

5. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear that. I didn't realize that Mike was sick. Always enjoyed his posts. A true enjoyer of the Bunker Trap. May he rest in peace.

6. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Here is Mike

[​IMG]

7. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Mike was a very interesting guy that loved shooting of all kinds, he'll be missed by many I'm sure. His family and friends are in our prayers.

Hap

8. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Condolances to the family and all of his friends ... He never said anything about being sick in the past few weeks in any of his postings ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

9. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Mike and I had become great friends over the years, via the Internet and telephone. He was always such a gentleman. We used to exchange family photos occasionally.

I still have hanging here at the shop on one of the deer antlers, one of his own berets we wore as a sniper for the Israel military.

I was shocked and saddened to hear of his passing and have tried to contact his wife over there.

Mike and I tried to connect in Nova Scotia in the past, but I never got there. So sad and at a time of the year that can really impact a family.

Whiz White

10. Sportshot

Sportshot Active Member

When I read Joe Rossman's post early this morning, my quick impression was that Mike's wife had passed. I just got back now and am shocked to learn that it was Mike. Just a short while back Mike was dreaming of visiting Bresica Italy, having a custom gun fitted at the factory, and making plans for a busy travel schedule of shooting.

If he was in fact not well, which I don't know, but if that was the case and he was sharing his last dreams and we didn't even know it, that makes this situation incredibly sad, and reminds me of many social and Christian values this Christmas that I often overlook. And yes, I realize that Mike was Jewish. But the message is universal. I'm very sorry to hear this news and it has taught me an important lesson.

I will keep this gentleman that I didn't even know in my thoughts for a long time.

11. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Shalom Mikel.

12. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

I had a very nice exchange of emails/PM's with Mike a couple of weeks ago. We were discussing different guns and which manufactures would be best. Like the others have stated, he said nothing of being ill.

I hope his passing was quiet and painless. I will miss his posts.

Mike's family has my deepest sympathy and prayers.

ss

13. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

Ionly started communicating with Mike a few months ago when I realized that we had a few of the same friends. After taling, we found that we had quite a few friends, both past and present. He was a truely interesting fellow and I'll miss him.. I hope that he'll save me a spot on his squad.

Ed Yanchok

14. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Was Mike well known in Israel? If so, I should mention his passing to, of all people, a beekeeper who is helping me round up some bees in my yard. He, David, is from Israel and was a paratrooper there for quite a while until he came to the U.S. Perhaps he too knew Mike..poignant story, who the 'net makes us all feel closer to one another no matter where we may live. Thanks for this thread.

15. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

That's a shame! Just recently He was chatting up about things!

It's especially sad this time of year..

May his family have peace..

Jim Chapman

Michigan

16. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Sorry to read of Mikes passing. My condolences to his family. Dave Bishop

17. Sportshot

Sportshot Active Member

MIKE WAS POSTING ON THIS SITE LESS THAN A WEEK AGO.

I would like to know what happened if there is some background on this sudden apparent tragedy. Is that disrespectful? I ask it only out of concern and to make sense of this unsettling event.
    __________________________________________________________________________________
    __________________________________________________________________________________

Subject: DAVID -HOW FAR BACK DO WE GO

Email:

Date: Mon, Dec 14, 2009 - 05:10 AM ET

Website Address:

David Shalom --Just thinking out loud. When was trapshooters started . I must BE ONE OF THE FIRST -having joined in the middle 90's--and when (trying to think what computor I had?).

Also forgot the names of some originals on here. I think you and a couple--Don?and his wife (maybe someone seeing this can advise me) out of Barstow Cal. started trapshooters.com, Don was a truck mechanic looking after broken down rigs on the Barstow -Las Vegas road. We used to get on ICQ ALL THE TIME WITH A BUNCH OF OTHERS--thems memories and then some.

Just some thoughts and anyone can chip in. Really something when you think about it --how few years the internet has been up --and what a GREAT site this is ---MIKE

18. crusha

crusha TS Member

Sad to hear this. He was a flavorful contributor and will be missed.

19. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I enjoyed every one of his contributions on here. Made me downright envious not being able to travel, see the other countries and shooting facilities as he did. He will be sorely missed.....Bob Dodd

20. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I had a couple of email chats with him about his shooting bunker in Hungary a couple of years ago... I will miss his posts on ts.com. What a wonderful ambassador he was for the clay target sports. I will miss him. Deepest condolences to his family...

Ron Burr

Alberta

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.