1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Lost Another Friend/Shooter Brad Carver from Md.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by CalvinMD, Jul 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

With great sorrow I must pass on the sad news that we've lost another terrific person and shooter, Bradley Carver from Md. I met Brad over 20 yrs ago at my small local club in Pasadena Md. He had inherited his dads guns and wanted to try some of the shotguns at trap to decide on keepers and sellers. After shooting 4 or 5 rounds his cheek looked like a pound of ground round and he asked if I did this every week and if so how I withstood the pounding. I handed him my 99 Plus to shoot his last round...after that he was hooked and begged me to sell him"that" gun...I did and we became great friends and shooting partners for the winter leagues especially. Brad was only 53 years old when he passed Wednesday at 3am and he will be missed terribly by me and the many other shooters who had the priviledge of knowing the soft spoken Mr Carver who would also have given anyone the shirt off of his back...It won't be the same going to the tractor pulls without you pal..Rest in Peace

2. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I will pass on the news of any arrangements when they become known to me

3. 687EELL

687EELL TS Member

I also knew Brad, and shot with him many times through the years. It seems quite strange now, but when I was in Harbor Hospital near my home before I went to the rehabilitation center, Brad was there also only one room between us. While I was there and too weak to move, Brad would visit me in my room, and sometimes we would talk all day, and sometimes through the night when we could not sleep. I had not seen him for a year or more, and he talked about getting back to shooting. I guess he was sicker than I, and I will surely miss a great guy.............Rick Johnson

4. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Calvin and Rick...I don't think I knew Brad, but I am very sorry for the loss of your friend.

5. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Some things are so hard to express but I will give it a try. I often think of what and how I affect over peoples lives. Am I a positive influence and is there any way I can help someone. I can tell, Calvin and Rick, that Brad made an impact in your lives and I can feel your sadness. I am truly sorry for both his family and your loss as a friend. Jackie B.

PS. Rick, It's good to here that you are improving. Will keep you in prayer.

6. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

I'm sorry for the loss of your friend and a fellow shooter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

brad carver gun forum