1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Lost a friend today..

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by digger1dog, Oct 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. digger1dog

digger1dog Member

Well who would have thought here it is the first day of phesant season in Michigan and I had to bury my German Shorthair today. She was the best friend a dog could have ever been.

Samantha will be sadly missed.

Fred J.

2. colonel klink

colonel klink Active Member

Hang in the Fred, it does get better but I'm sure right now it doesn't seem so.
    I had to put my Lab down a couple months ago. I will never forget her & I always think about her. Remember the good times you had together, nobody can take that away. Colonel

3. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I crossed that bridge with my GSP 'Rusty' over a year ago and it still hurts. Broke the entire family's heart. But the pain does ease and in time you will think of what a wonderful animal she was rather than how much you miss her.

GSPs are great dogs that deserve people like you that love them. With that in mind, don't let too much time go by without one of these great animals in your life.

Take care.

4. JRW

JRW Member

Fred; Very sorry to hear this news. Jerry

5. emm2

emm2 Member

Hang in there buddy, remember all the good times.

6. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Fred, a pet is better than a best friend. I know what your feeling right now.

7. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Fred, I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your hunting partner and friend. I've been through it a couple of times and it hurts every time. Remember the good times you had, and start raising your next partner real soon.

8. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

I'm sorry for your loss. No one knows like bird dog people the extent of the loss, not of only a pet, but a pardner.

9. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Fred: Been there and done that. I know what your feelings are. Hang in there. At first when I was advised to consider a replacement for our beloved yellow lab; I was offended. Although Toma will never be replaced; our "replacement"; a black lab named ANDY; has brought enjoyment to my wife and myself. Believe me consider a new companion. And I understand that our "special friends" do not live anywhere near as long as we would want. My sympathies. Ed

10. Old Fowler

Old Fowler TS Member

Fred:

I'm very sorry to hear about the loss of your Samantha. I know she will be missed.

Take care my friend,

Cliff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.