1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

lost 50lbs...

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by windyflat, May 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. windyflat

windyflat Member

Lost 50 lbs and my gun is beating me up.

After every round I'm missing a little bit of skin on a spot directly under the center of my eye approximately 1.5" down from the bottom of my eye..

Very frustrating!!! Is the gun now too short?

2. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

Might need a pitch adjustment to get the gun square into your shoulder again.

Just a thought...

SW

3. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Put some moleskin on the comb and put a couple washers on top screw between recoil pad and butt of stock. HMB

4. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

What hmb said.

BTW, how'd you lose 50#?

5. windyflat

windyflat Member

Setterman..
    I gave up anything that had wheat in it plus little to no sugar or dairy..
    Plenty of eggs, bacon, sausage, fish and chicken.. lots of spinach and greens plus snacks of raw walnuts and almonds every day

High fat, moderate protein, low carb..
    Lost 50 lbs in 10weeks. Once my body switched to being fueled by fat versus carbs I was burning fat while I slept

Eddie I plan to switch to a 1oz load. a friend handed me a box of 7/8 the other night and I was amazed how well I could smoked a target with a zero recoil load..

Hmb.. just installed three washer on the top screw of my butt pad.
    I'll give it a try.

6. headhunter

headhunter Well-Known Member

I don't want my gun fit to change, so I'm gonna keep eating.

Nice goin windyflat

7. windyflat

windyflat Member

Docs orders.. I had to make a change otherwise a third heart operation would be in the works

8. Scott Johnson

Scott Johnson Well-Known Member

The toe of your gun may need to be cut down, changing your pitch. Why it is banging your face is the toe is contacting your chest sooner than the top of your butt plate, hence a lot of face or cheek slap. Pay attention when you mount the gun, what touches first? Another way to get rid of cheek slap is to turn the toe out (if you have an adjustable butt pad) toward your arm pit. And congrats on the weight loss, its a change of life style, stay with it. Scott

9. windyflat

windyflat Member

Thank you Scott!

10. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Congratulations on the weight loss. Meadow industries sells a very thin piece of material that will save your face from what you described.
    Steve Balistreri
    Wauwatosa, Wisconsin

11. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

I lost 125 lbs. Got rid of my wife! Its only a joke,don't tell her.
    Clyde

12. Hank Cross

Hank Cross Member

Lost 55 pounds and am sharing your problems. I have a Precision Fit Stock on my K-80 and it has taken about two months of adjustments to get back to "normal".

Break them all,

Dr. Hank Cross

13. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

How about rewarding yourself by having a new stock fitted to you new body?

Seriously, way to go on the weight loss - you owe yourself a nice present.

14. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

Windyflat,

The pitch is correct for you, when the whole recoil pad, top to bottom, makes simultaneous contact with your shoulder as the gun is being mounted with the barrel rasied to normal shooting height.

Washers on the top (probably) recoil pad attachment screw between the stock and the pad is the way to experiment with changing pitch. If you need to use a lot of washers to correct the pitch, you may need to shim the center of the recoil pad to prevent it cracking while you test shoot the gun.

If the pitch needs to be corrected the other way, the cheek slap you're experiencing would be caused by the whole pad sliding up during recoil.

Rollin

15. windyflat

windyflat Member

After shimming out the top i notice a difference and the stock hit my shoulder pocket at the same time top and bottom..
    It took 6 washers to accomplish this but it feels really solid.

Wolfram... As soon as I've paid for this mx2000 in full my next stop will be CRV or Dennis Devault..

Thanks

Tom

16. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Congrats on losing the weight but it is tough to keep it off if your wife cooks like mine

In 2002 my prostate cancer came back and I had to go in for chemo and radiation, my wife was with me when the oncologist told me to either lose 50 lbs or die from cancer because he would have to give me so much radiation that it would kill me

I lost 86 lbs in 90 days, I was lucky that my wife was with me though, if she wasn't I would have told her the doctor just told me I was going to die LOL

The toughest part was giving up my nightly beer, I love beer

17. windyflat

windyflat Member

Catpower..
    I loved my beer as well but I switched to hard cider.. my wife get's ticked when we go out and I drink a half dozen hard ciders, eat a dozen chicken wings and still lose a pound or two..

As long as I stay gluten free I keep on losing.

Bud makes a gluten free beer called "Red Bridge"

Glad to hear you're doing fine
    [​IMG]

18. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Congratulations! I am currently doing the exact same eating plan. It is amazing how your body can change just by eliminating processed sugars, and starches. Lost 20 lbs. in one month.

I do eat a small portion of Hershey's dark chocolate for dessert though. LOL. Oh, and one day a week I drink beer, after league.

19. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Windyflat thanks for the info, I need to do something, a little over a year ago we both went on a diet, I lost about 70 lbs, and the wife got to her target weight then started cooking again, wish I had more will power but she is a fantastic cook

20. Matt Colman

Matt Colman Member

I saw a t shirt last week on a round fellow it said " Fat People Are Harder To Kidnap " lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.