1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Loss of "Guido" the Trap Shooter

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by trapper71, Sep 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trapper71

trapper71 Member

Loss of

After returning from a business trip to St Louis late Friday I decided to go to Winona MN for their weekend shoot (which was a great shoot). I was met in the Club house by numerous shooters from Southern MN and informed that it appeared that trapshooting may have lost another shooter. I am happy to say this one did not pass on but may have changed sports.

It appears “Guido” may have become a skeet shooter. It was noted a couple of weeks ago that he was shaving his legs and using some kind of cream to shine them up but now I hear he is wearing a “pink vest and matching hat very proudly” A couple of years ago it was reported that he was thinking about taking up bowling but that did not happen. I have not talked to “Mrs Guido” to fine out if he is off his medication again but hope for the best.

2. guido

guido Member

Loss of

This sounds like a very sad day in the trap shooting world. Guido is gone, who will be the next victim?

RIFF

3. guido

guido Member

Loss of

I was told by a friend that GUIDO showed up at the Fairmont Trap Club this weekend for the Larry Freeman shoot. He was not dressed in pink though. Someone else said he heard GUIDO say he was going to start shooting farther from home so he could work on his shooting and not have to put up with all the harassment about his pink vest and hat.

RIFF

4. lumper

lumper TS Member

Loss of

So sad that yet another one has decided to progress up the ladder of difficulty to the next level. In a few years he will be shooting 5-stand and then sporting clays as well.

Good luck on your journey Guido ... we will be waiting for you when you get here.

5. trapper71

trapper71 Member

Loss of

Zardozforty:

Things we have done to help “Guido” are a great deal of the things you mention.
    1) He shoots a Krieghoff ( rumor has it Browning bought it for him so he would quit shooting their gun)
    2) Shooting practice at the local club is so cheap it is almost like nothing.
    3) Wednesday night the last couple of years included some type of meal and beverage (adult)
    4) So I believe more of “Guido’s” problem is his medication then anything.

Some one else mention that he was going to shoot farther from home my understanding is that is “Mrs. Guido” idea that the guys would take him farther from home and drop him off but he keeps showing up at the back porch every night.

6. guido

guido Member

Loss of

Real men can wear pink! I really think I am quite medicated.
    Guido

7. TrapKat

TrapKat TS Member

Loss of

Yep, Guido was in Fairmont on Sunday. He wasn't wearing pink - he mentioned his new hat, but must have forgotten it. I want to tell you how nice he was, in borrowing me his gun so I could shoot the events. Mine was in the hospital.. Anyway, I ended up winning our class with his gun. He didn't seem to mind too much that he came in 2nd. Thanks again, Guido!

8. guido

guido Member

Loss of

TrapKat, Thanks for saying something nice and positive. You did a nice job with that K 80, I am sure we can find you one if you want.

GUIDO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.