1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

losing our guns??

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by ryan27, Dec 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ryan27

ryan27 TS Member

There were several posts on here before the election that said Obama will take our guns in his 2nd term. Who still believes this? Also who thought he was going to in his first term? If Obama does support our rights like he says he does and never tries to take our guns who on here will say the same thing in 4 years?

2. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

ALL OF THEM!!!!

Republican "masters of the universe"!!!!!

GS

They will ALL be wrong again of course!

3. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

johngalt_2011_120650.jpg

Waiting for musketball to join in

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    ryan27, what makes you think he won't?

5. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

He is/was through the U.N. Small Arms Treaty.

6. ryan27

ryan27 TS Member

I think he will not try to take our guns. Some on here sounded so sure that he would. I think they believe in ufo's and are brain washed so they will vote against their own best interest. why else would a low income person making less than 100,000 per year vote for someone that is against them? so we dont lose our guns?

7. ryan27

ryan27 TS Member

so looks like nobody thinks we will lose our guns??

8. drgondog

drgondog Member

I think Rick has exactly the right answer. I know a lot of folks but I don't know any that would surrender any firearm they possess.

Just say, No Thank You" - but be very polite.

9. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

ignorant post. Try watching the news occasionally.

Even Chicken Noodle Network (CNN, liberal bullhorn) reported the UN Small Arms Treaty Talks starting in March 2013.

10. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

And the blind idiots still don't understand banning guns is in the same Freak'n ballpark as taking guns. It's where it starts and the big eared Muslim has outright stated he fully intends on a gun ban. Hell he said it in the last debate. Some are just to blind or just plain stupid to see.

11. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Those who think things will not happen are nothing but fools. Hope for the best but be ready for the worst. The first step in distroying AMERICA is to disarm us.

12. no5shooter

no5shooter Member

Well, I will state flat out I expect Obama and his A-hole AG Holder to try their best to put through another assault rifle and high-capacity magazine ban, only without a sunset clause this time. That's where they will start, with the help of their friends Feinstein, Schumer, Kerry, Pelosi, and the list goes on...

13. PRODIGY

PRODIGY TS Member

The question is, "what will you do when they try"?

14. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

spread the fear, the end is near!

15. JH

JH Well-Known Member

ryan27,

You really need to gather more information about the anti-gun lobby and their strategies.....there will be gun bans....there will be a concerted effort to discourage people from owning guns....no question...it is just a matter of time (once the "fiscal cliff" issues are cleared-up...the gun bans are coming!)

ryan 27, did you help get Obama re-elected by pissing away your vote on an unelectable third party candidate? Or, did not vote at all? Or, worse, claim to value private gun ownership and voted for Obama?

Hopefully, you did not help anti-gunners enact their agenda. However, if you did, you will simply be experiencing the consequences of your choices....

16. 548

548 Guest

Somebody told me Governor Romney actually signed into MA law a ban on assault weapons as a Republican. That has to be b.s. Does anybody know if that's true?

;-)

17. drgondog

drgondog Member

Romney did sign the bill that his 80% Dem Congress passed. Presumably he knew he couldn't veto and not be humiliated - having said this, it is the reason his campaign made sure he promised 'no more gun laws' in the presidential campaign.

18. pretzel

pretzel TS Member

Obama is going to set it up to get the UN to go after our guns. that way he can say he didnt do it. Nothing is ever his fault, dont you know.

19. drgondog

drgondog Member

@pretzl - he doesn't really care up to the point of 2014 elections (if there is one) and Feinstein/Schumer already drafting a 'ban bill'. For those of you who remember 1995, the original Bill drafted and presented with Clinton's support was a total ban on semi auto weapons (rifles, pistols, shotguns) - very similar to UK laws.

John Dingell (D-MI?) was a huge NRA supporter and effectively killed it but the grand compromise was struct including NICS which was watered down Registration until Dingell led a blue dog revolt on that...

So the Senate Bill is a trolling manuever (IMO) to gauge the mood of the Senate as prep for the UN Bill next Spring.

You guys in the Blue States better be hammering your Senators on both of these as well as movement 21. Just sayin'.(is that what the yound generation sez?)

Bill
    Scurry, TX

20. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Obama has said he will revisit the 'assult weapons ban' and who knows what the next version of that will be. But I think we can count on something like this.

Not that it matters now but Romney would have probably done the same. He really isn't a champion of the second amendment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.