1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

LOSING JOB= NO MORE SHOOTING!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by senior smoke, Oct 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

hELLO:
    this will be my last thread. found out my job is being eliminated. at the age of 56, things should be getting easier, they are getting harder. will start looking for ft or pt work . good shooting everyone!
    take care,
    steve balistreri

2. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

steve sorry to hear that. pehaps someone here may have a place for you.

3. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Where ya from, Senior? Maybe a ts.comer can help you...

4. td_ict_ks

td_ict_ks TS Member

Any machining, inspection, or Quality type of background?

5. famill00

famill00 TS Member

Steve,

Don't give up man....I remember my grandfather starting his third career when he was around 70. Don't stop going to the clubs....still go as often but don't shoot as often if you can't afford to as much as you once could. Sometimes when I go I dont even get my gun out of the car....it doesn't matter if you shoot 1 round or 10...its about the friends you have at the club...not to mention getting out of the house.

Forrest

6. shadow

shadow Active Member

Where are you located Steve? Perhaps some of us can help you find another (better) job.

7. mt

mt Member

I'm sorry, it must be a terrible feeling but please don't give up. I bet famill00 is correct. keep your friends around you. I wish you an easy transition and a better tomorrow.

8. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

Hang in there, and don't give up shooting! Just cut back some. Keep your club contacts. What type of work do you do?

9. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

I would agree with the other posters Steve, keep going to the cluc it can be a great way to network and keep a positive attitude the boomers are in high demand.

10. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

Senior smoke, I too lost my job of over 10 years recently. Took a month or so off then went into selling trucks. It seems to be a pretty good line of work, not too hard. And you get to talk to a lot of different folks. Might be a thought for you too.

Good luck, John

11. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Call your companys main competition and other companys in your field. With your experience and knowledge base you are a valuable asset. Relocating may be necessary but you're not going to be the first person to do that. Good Luck in your search.

Eric

12. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

Steve, Are you there? Seems like some help can be rallied up. Please speak up. Let us know where you are and what you have been doing. Jake

13. ks-trap-shooter

ks-trap-shooter TS Member

If you have any agriculture background, I may be able to give you some leads.
    Ryan

14. Ron Frazier

Ron Frazier TS Member

Sorry to hear this Steve. I got laid off at 55 and things were looking bleak. Of course they always insist that age and the fact that and being at the top of your pay grade have nothing to do with it. I found something after a year and you will too. Stay in touch, it's good therapy when things aren't going well. You have a lot of friends here.

15. boomer

boomer TS Supporters TS Supporters

Ya gotta love shooters--esp. trapshooters. Always ready to help and alway read to cheer you up! I was "eliminated" about 4 years ago at age 57. It took 10-11 months, but I ended up with a fine job. Chin up Steve and keep in touch with al your shooting friends......

16. senior smoke

hello:
    i live in wauwatosa, wi, suburb of milwaukee, wi. i have always been in banking or customer service work. any leads, or ideas, please let me know.
    i appreciate the people who have responded. my wife has breast cancer, have not told her about my job yet. she has enough to deal with. she asked me if something was wrong, had to lie and say know. she is not doing to well.
    thanks,
    steve balistreri

17. senior smoke

hello:
    i live in wauwatosa, wi, suburb of milwaukee, wi. i have always been in banking or customer service work. any leads, or ideas, please let me know.
    i appreciate the people who have responded. my wife has breast cancer, have not told her about my job yet. she has enough to deal with. she asked me if something was wrong, had to lie and say know. she is not doing to well.
    thanks,
    steve balistreri

18. senior smoke

hello:
    thanks,
    steve balistreri

19. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Not much help, but you and your wife are now on my prayer list. May God bless you both.

20. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

Today is my last day at work. I've never been unemployed in my life. Now, at 60, I'm looking at a whole new lifestyle....and I'm excited. Try not to worry overly much, Steve. Things have a way of working out for honorable people.
    It's new and scarey, but can very well be the start of something really, really good for you.

Keep your friends close to you, both here on TS.com and locally. Don't pull into a shell. We all are ready to help you if we can.

Code

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.