1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Lorain, Ohio SGR legend has retired

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Chris_H, Apr 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris_H

Chris_H Member

Most of you know the gentleman as "Pete" the groundsman of the club but he was much more than that. Pete put in more hours since 2003 than any other person I have ever know at the club. He was always there before any shooters with the coffee warm and traps ready for shooting. While another icon may be backing the throttle down as he ages make you sure when you see him at the club you thank him for all his years of service to our little club in Ohio.

Chris Hevener
    SGR Secretary

2. buster's mom

buster's mom Member

Mr. Pete as my girls called him, will be greatly missed by all. He is a very special man, and the club will not be the same without his warm smile and kind words of encouragement to all. Best of Luck to you in your retirement.

3. Trap4

Trap4 Member

Pete was the best, there will NEVER be a replacement as good as Pete, no matter what you asked him he would do it.

Trap-4

4. bjk1972

bjk1972 Member

I was surprised to hear the news today. Good luck Pete, you were truly a pillar at our club. Thanks for your years of dedicated service. Brad

5. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

Pete always had a friendly word for everyone. He always greeted me by name when I came in and I could not ask for a nicer representative for the club. It will be a great loss to everyone involved. Motordoc Joe Rossman

6. Chris_H

Chris_H Member

He truly will be missed and is definitely irreplaceable. Pete did not want anything extravagant which is why the suddenness of his retirement. Several members of the club have stepped it up and an appropriate parting gift will be given to Pete.

Any information on some type of a celebration will be passed along if he is willing to allow us to do so.

-Chris

7. Trapshooter

Trapshooter Well-Known Member

Pete has kept the club up and operating longer than I have been a member. Always the best ambassador to our club. I believe he was the first person I met when I first walked into the club many years ago. Whenever I talk to someone who has shot at S G&R. The first thing that they ask about is Pete. I hope he still hangs out at the club.
    Todd

8. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

The few times I travelled from southeast Ohio to shoot at Sportsmen Gun&Reel club, when I lived in there, I was impressed at how slick it operated and how clean the entire club was kept! I now know the reason, Pete, did a great job for all the shooters!

Hap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.