1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

LOP ISSUE W / BT99

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by WYBOO WOOD, Feb 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WYBOO WOOD

WYBOO WOOD Member

I have a Browning BT99. The senior shooters at my club claim the stock is too long for me and needs to be shortened. The screw which secures the adj.comb is accessed through the recoil pad with an allen wrench. The screw projects beyond the wood of the stock. My question is: How do you deal with the screw when shortening the stock? Is there a simple solution to this? Any advice appreiated. Dave Hunt

2. spritc

spritc Active Member

Dave, You could buy another buttstock and alter it, leaving the original alone.

3. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

The best advice I can give is have the factory adjustable comb hardware swapped out for some good aftermarket hardware. I know of no one that has had good luck with the factory Browning hardware.

You will be able to get the stock shortened without any further issues.

I would suggest a trip to a reputable fitter before making any permanent changes.

ss

4. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

You can shorten the adjusting bolt and cut a slot in it for a flat screw driver. I've done many of them that way.

Ed Yanchok

5. FAT-BOY

FAT-BOY TS Member

My XT had the same problem when replacing the origional pad to a jones through the stock adjustable pad.

I removed the screw, cut to length and cut a new screwdriver slot. works great.

6. WYBOO WOOD

WYBOO WOOD Member

Thank you all for your responses. Dave Hunt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.