1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

LOP adjustment

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JZ, Apr 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JZ

JZ Member

hi i need to adjust (increase) the LOP of a gun i just bought can you guys recomend me the best thing to do this thanks

2. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

There are a few things you can do depending on how much you need to increase your LOP. Spacers, longer butt pad, or get an actual LOP adjuster. How much do you need to increase it? Josh

3. JZ

JZ Member

about 1 inch. i now i have spacers a long pad but i dont like it thanks

4. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

New stock, Precision Fit Stock, LOP adjuster .... how much do you want to spend? Bill Malcolm

5. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

So then you have a LOP adjuster. There a many different designs and styles. I don't have experience with any of them, but I'm sure someone that does will chime in with someone who installs a good one. Josh

6. JZ

JZ Member

i like my stock no more than 400

7. Beretta687EELL

Here is a link for Gracoil. They make a nice unit. There are others. Bill Malcolm

8. JZ

JZ Member

gracoil its nice but i dont want compresion only adjustment is there more devices auot there?

9. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

Then here is the Graco LOP adjuster. Click on the picture to get to the website.<br><br>
    [​IMG]<br><br>
    There are many different gunsmiths who install this type of unit. Hope this helps, Josh.

10. Beretta687EELL

For your price limit of $400 you should be able to get what you want and installed and get change. As Josh indicated there are lots of excellent stock guys out there that supply the hardware and do this kind of work. Where do you live? Someone will be able to recommend someone close to you. Bill Malcolm

11. stockguy

stockguy Member

Pictured here is one of my newest installations with the newly updated Hart LOP Adjuster. My website hasn't been updated with the new image and it still shows the older version of the adjuster. Pricing is the same as the replaced version.

This new adjuster features design ideas coordinated by both Greg Hissem Stockworks and Hart Systems. I feel this is the most user friendly and least bulky LOP Adjuster on the market. You adjust the pad positioning through a single point through the back of the pad and adjust the LOP by 1/8" increments through the side of the unit.

Check it out and contact my through my website if I can be of assistance.

Greg Hissem

12. Steve Campbell

Steve Campbell TS Member

Does the new Hart design offer rotation capabilities for better fit in the shoulder pocket?

I would guess it would since Greg helped design it but with the 2 struts it looks like it wouldn't.

And if it can't, could it be modded to allow for this rotation?

Thanks in advance.

13. stockguy

stockguy Member

On the Hart LOP Adjuster, the pad can rotate 360 degrees, has sideways adjustment capability of 3/8" each way from center, and can be adjusted for drop up to 1 1/8" in it's normal setting with an alternate adaptation to give you a total drop capability of 1 3/4" if need be.

So, the normal cast off at the toe and drop at heel that most shooters use and can benefit from are easily attained.

Greg Hissem

14. Steve Campbell

Steve Campbell TS Member

Greg-

Thanks for the response. I emailed you some detailed questions about my issues and intended application.

Thanks

15. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

STS1100, I will take up your offer if JZ does not.

16. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

I install my own lop buttplate using my Bump-Buster hardware without the recoil suppression parts. It is the only lop buttplate on the market that is later upgradeable to a fully adjustable recoil reduction system. The conversion takes 10 minutes.

Ken Rucker

17. phirel

phirel TS Member

The butt pad adjuster pictured by Greg really looks good. Does it have a pitch adjustment?

Pat Ireland

18. JZ

JZ Member

dave thanks a lot but i prefer a new one fitted to my stock i think im going to buy the rad thnaks all for the replies

19. stockguy

stockguy Member

Pat,

No, the Hart LOP Adjuster doesn't have pitch adjustment capability. David Hart wanted the installation to remain as sleek as possible and most of the adjustable pitch buttplates get a bit bulky. The entire system looks like a higher quality intstallation if we incorporate any known pitch changes into the stock cut. Country Gentleman makes a good adjustable pitch buttplate if that fits your needs better.

Greg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

725 trap lop ajustments

any way to change pitch on a bumpbuster equiped stockgun stock

bump buster lop buttplate

does a gracoil allow pitch adjustment

greg hissem stockworks pad adjustor

greg hissems hart lop pad

lop adjustment