1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Loosing right to left targets behind the gun??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by skeetiee, Aug 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeetiee

skeetiee Member

I have been shooting for several years and i still do not know what causes me to loose a right to left low house skeet target behind the gun. I used to think it was the Over/Under but today i was having the same problem with an auto. It's like i am guessing were it is because i loose sight of it. I am a right handed shooter. My eye domininates switch from right to left. I were a magic dot on my shooting glasses to keep from getting double vision of the barrel in my sight picture. Can anyone make any light of this? Thanks Lee

2. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

Try holding your gun just slightly below the line of flight of the target. That way, the gun can't block out the target.

Easystreet

3. skeetiee

skeetiee Member

really you think so?? I dont premount in skeet. I am a sporting clays shooter. The problem doesnt have anything to do with holding a gun to high. I have to block out the target to hit it as the gun shoots really flat. I really like shooting high rib guns but everyone tells me i would do better with a flat rib. I think it has do with my left eye taking over as i see the hole left side of the shotgun. I dont know. Maybe i will keep shooting high rib guns. It worked before so i really wonder why i am even thinking of changing. Lee

4. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Call for the bird, do not move your gun until the bird gets to the left of your gun. Mount your gun and go after the bird, when you get ahead of the bird pull the trigger. HMB

5. Phil Kiner

Phil Kiner Well-Known Member

Use tape and extend the "dot" all the way to the left side of the lens

You are cross-firing because your eye is seeing around the dot

6. scooterbum

scooterbum Active Member

You might have a floater in your right eye, occasionally blocking the central vision of that eye. If this is so, your brain causes your left eye to take over. But alas, you have a dot blocking that eye. In other words, one dot in the eye, one dot outside the eye = can't see bird.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.