1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Loose stock on Super X-1

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Texas Ton, Jan 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Texas Ton

Texas Ton TS Member

I haven't run into one yet that two wraps of teflon tape on the bolt, didn't fix. The bolt is sufficient as long as it is tight in the threads of the spring tube, also remove any oil from the threads.

2. finger

finger TS Member

Do you have the stock bolt washer on correctly? The washer bites into the wood around the hole. If you have it backwards (or don't have it) you will be tightening all the time. With the proper washer properly in place it should never work loose. You can really tighten down on the stock bolt without care. Don't use a breaker bar but just a 3/8 drive wrench and tighten away. bob finger

3. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

I'd have to look, but, I don't think it's a lock washer.

4. finger

finger TS Member

Its not a lock washer as we know them. From the factory the washer has four edges that are formed downward from the washer itself. Those edges dig into the wood as you tighten the stock bolt. It keeps the entire wood/bolt assembly locked together. If you don't have one, then you need to order one from one of the SX-1 parts places. I cannot imagine them being more than a dollar or so assuming they are available. bob finger

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.