1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Loose stock on Citori

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Ted K., Jun 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ted K.

Ted K. Member

One special tool you might try is a flashlight. You can see the bolt head if you use one. And FWIW, my Citori stock bolt takes an allen wrench.

Ted K.

2. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

You need a long 5 mm Allen wrench. Browning sells one for about $10. If you have a friend with a Caesar Guerini, their stock wrench will also fit.

If you know someone who uses hand tools and owns a 1/4" drive socket set, buy a long 5 mm Allen wrench and have them cut the bend off it. Then put the long straight 5 mm piece in a 5 mm socket on an extension and use that to tighten the bolt. I made a wrench for such applications by simply using epoxy to permanently glue the Allen section into a socket.

You may need to remove the comb before you can get to the bolt head.

MK

3. John E

John E Member

a kreighoff stock wrench works as well.

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Google is your friend, I looked and found many various 5mm tools. I would go to Fastenal and get a 1/4 inch hex bit in 5mm size.

Or Sears, maybe they have a 3/8 socket adaptor. Get a 1/4 one and put the 5mm bit in it.

More than one way to skin a cat. I personally have a 5mm "T" handle wrench made years ago in the tool shop where I worked.

HM

5. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

When did Browning start putting the Allen screw heads on the stock bolt? My XT and 525 both have the slotted bolt head.

Easystreet

6. Unknown1

Guns with the factory adjustable combs came with Allen head bolts because the comb hardware took up some of the space that could have been allotted to the bolt hole. They needed to use a bolt with a smaller head than the hex head.

MK

7. phirel

phirel TS Member

The long hex wrench that comes with both P guns and K guns should work. There will be several of these around at every shoot. Just ask.

Pat Ireland

8. oleww

oleww Member

"long 5 mm Allen wrench"

How long? 5 inches or so?

9. Unknown1

No, more like 7+. The standard "long" Allen wrenches and the hardware store "T" handle wrenches are too short. The ones that come with the guns are 10"+.

MK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
allen wrench for browning xt

browning citori stock wrench

browning stock allen wrench
how to tighten the stock on a browning citori xt
loose stock on citori

size of hex head for bolt in stock for browning citori xt

what size allen wrench to tighten browning citori xt stock
what size wrench for browning citori stock