1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

loose rib

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by gordy h, Jul 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gordy h

gordy h Member

I just bought a Browning o/u with a loose rib, about 10 " from the reciver
    toward the muzzel. any ideas on how to fix it? Or where to send it? cost?
    Thanks, Butch H

2. ZeroHero

ZeroHero TS Member

Ray Barns at Money Maker Guns would be able to repair. I have had work done by him and was happy with the work and cost.

Duke

3. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Butch, Years ago I had a rib on a Browning Pigeon manufactured in 1932 come loose at the muzzle end. I sent it to Briley for repair and they did a great job. Good luck, Bob

4. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

Go one line, salt cured stock repair. I believe it is Browns Gun shop that specializes in Browning repair. Moneymaker can do great work, personal experiences also show they can do HORRIBLE work. Simmons may still be in the rib business, they used to install all Win. ribs. Olathe, Ks.

5. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Prop it open without bending it, toothpicks work good. Clean with rubbing alcohol. Spead hitemp RTV gasket sealer under, remove picks and clamp with rubber bands. Worked great on my 101. Don't use super glue or epoxy. You need the flexibility and heat resistance.

6. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

What kind of Browning O/U do you have?

A Superpose will have the rib soft soldered on it's full length, whereas the Citori has the posts silver soldered and a floating rib installed.

Doug

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.