1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

loose rib on Winchester 101

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dds4horse, May 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dds4horse

dds4horse Member

My rib on my 101 seems to be a little loose. It has slightly separated from the barrel up closer to the reciever and when I push it down on the barrel the mid bead I think does move thus changing my site line ever so slightly. Now can I apply a little super glue to put it back or is there a better product than super glue for this repair. Or is this something I should leave to a proffesional. Any help will be appreciated.
    os
  2. lots of 24's

lots of 24's Member

I had a rib fly off a 101 once. Sent it to LeFever Arms, Rome,NY they fixed it. Looks really nice too. They have to take your whole barrel apart. Both barrels, the part in the middle too. Silver solder everything back together and re-blue the whole works. Looks like a million bucks. Only cost 300.
  3. hmb

hmb Active Member

I like Devcon epoxy. Clean surfaces with alcohol and gently clamp rib in place. HMB
  4. Diamond Bruce

Diamond Bruce Member

Had 2 of them silver soldier by Rick Stover at Cowboy Way. Did a real nice job, save the blueing and they never moved after that. He was very inexpensive
    1-810-245-7040
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.