1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

loose rib fixes???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by DecalDude, Aug 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

OK guys looking for realistic rib fixes, I have a XT that the rib is loose at the muzzel and wondered what my options were to get it fixed without sending it back to Browning?
    THANKS
    Jerry

2. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Browning would probably (and should) repair it under warranty. Those ribs I believe are hi-temp silver soldered vs. the soft lead solder found on other dbl guns.

Doug

3. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Browning will fix it, but expect to wait many many months. They send it back to Japan for repair. If you have any fancy barrel work done don't bother (backboring, forcing cone) your gun will be branded no repair.

4. atashooter

atashooter Member

I had a 101 that did it. I lightly raised the rib to get a very thin rag with acetone on it, between the rib and barrel to remove any oil off barrel and rib. Then with a FLAT toothpick, I applied JB Quick Weld, and clamped it with a carpenters clamp. Wiped off any squeezed out access. That was 8 years ago and she is still cookin.

5. threedeuces

threedeuces TS Member

There are many Browning ribs that are loose. It certainly is one of there week points and was the reason mine went by by.

6. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

I agree Browning will fix it and well I do have a citori trap to shoot while it is gone but I heard they take loooooooooonnnnnnnnnngggggggg time doing repairs. Thank you all for imput so far and I will keep these quick fixes in mind!

7. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Briley or Simmons will also fix them.

8. JJM

JJM Member

Jim's Gun Shop in Aberdeen, S.D. has repaired many loose ribs for shooters in our area and does it quick. Phone number 605-225-9111

9. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

Thanks JJM but I am in SW New York, But if hes got quick turn around never know.

10. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Try Art's. He's the guy for Browning. Reasonable prices, good work and good turn around time.

Eric

11. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Missed some.... What are you basing your statement on? I have used Break Free for years and have had no trouble, but, if there is some proof that it does, indeed eat the solder, I would like to know and I will discontinue using it. Thanks.. Dan Thome (Trap2)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.