1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Loose fore end on MX 2000

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Over-the-Hill, Nov 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Over-the-Hill

Over-the-Hill Member

A friend has a MX 2000 and the fore end iron is loose. I'm told it's a type 4 fore end if that helps. There do not appear to be any screws anywhere that could be tightened. So, what next? How do you tighten it?
    Thanks,
    OtH

2. Rich Bullard Jr.

Rich Bullard Jr. Active Member

There are two screws right in the front of the iron that may need to be tightened. Try this first. Look at my picture and you will see them.

Rich Bullard, Jr.
    richbullardjr_2008_1811558.jpg

3. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Well, Rich is right as usual, but often a strip or two of tape attached to the wood just above the latch area on the wood will tighten the deal up. But snug the screws as Rich suggests to see if that is the issue. Adn too, I can tell you that Perazzi has a raised area at the interior of the forend that they use to fit the stock initially. That is where the tape goes. My bbl is not a match for my forend and I had to build up that adjustment area with a combination of epoxy and wood shavings. If you really have an issue and you need pictures of my solution on my gun, write me above and I'll take some pictures. Mine is a permanent fix that is barely noticeable from the outside.

Jack

4. Over-the-Hill

Over-the-Hill Member

Thanks Rich,
    I will call my friend and tell him. We looked at that area but couldn't tell that they were screws. Old "eyes" I guess.
    Thanks,
    Marion D.

5. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

OTH, they are hex and about 2- 3 mm. But when yo get the grease out you'll see it.

6. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

You might also need to look at the catch bolt in the forend.. if the gun just falls open..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.