1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Loose comb on Browning 525 Sporting

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by napawino, Apr 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. napawino

napawino TS Supporters TS Supporters

I just bought a new Browning 525 Sporting 12GA with the adjustable comb. I raised the comb and now it moves slightly from left to right. The allen screw is tight. Does anyone have any ideas on how to adjust or fix the comb so it does not move? I have two Winchester Select Energy guns with adjustable combs and they do not move at all. Is this a problem with the Browning system?
    Thank you for your help,
    Fred Wiedemann

2. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Fred, the Browning adjustable comb system is notorious for not locking down. Either study the parts until you can see what the actual problem is and engineer a fix (probably a hopeless task), or send it off to Ken Rucker to have him do away with the Browning parts and convert it to a conventional adjustable comb.

3. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Fred, the Browning adjustable comb system is notorious for not locking down. Either study the parts until you can see what the actual problem is and engineer a fix (probably a hopeless task), or send it off to Ken Rucker to have him do away with the Browning parts and convert it to a conventional adjustable comb.

4. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

There is a picture of my conversion on my blog listed above.....

Ken

5. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

http://www.speedbumpstockworks.com

6. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

Thanks, WG!! I forgot about that part......lol

Ken

7. FranzSodia

FranzSodia TS Member

Fred, I had a Browning XT with factory adjustable comb. Mine had the same problem. If you unscrew the tightening rod all the way out of the back of the butt pad and pull it out you can pull the main body out of the buttstock by unscrewing 2 phillips head screws. Each of the the little square brackets that hold the posts of the comb have a little slot in each one that is supposed to allow it to be clamped around the posts. However, the slots on mine and others, from what I hear needs to be wider. That could probably be done with a hack saw, or you could take it to the Grand and let Browning fix it there like I did with my XT before I sold it. Hope this helps, John E.

8. country gentleman

country gentleman Member

widen the gap with a dremel tool cutter blade. 5min. problem solved. Todd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.