1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Loooong Winter

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by timb99, Oct 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Judging from the recent spate of dubious posts, and the long winded replies and rebuttals to them, its going to be a long winter on Trapshooters.com for you guys.

But there's some good news.

For me.

It's spring here in South Africa, and summer is just around the corner. And while many of you will be freezing your butts off and shoveling snow, I'll be wearing shorts and having to put on sunscreen.

2. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I know you will be enjoying the warm weather Tim but I also sure you wouldn't mind being back in the snow for a little bird hunting....

Right now I have the best of both worlds - hunting quail in short sleeve T shirts. ( good numbers so far)

3. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

There's only a few stirr'n the pot. But it seems like trapshooters are an opinionated buch of SOBs!

4. Chugiakshooter

Chugiakshooter Member

Here in Alaska the best part is coming,winter is the best time to shoot.NO BUGS and the snow makes for excellant contrast for the birds !!!!!!!

5. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

timb99 ... you think it is bad now .... just wait until "cabin fever" hits this winter!

:)

6. plaw

plaw Active Member

When it gets bad I have a heated room in my barn with two reloaders, just bought a bunch of shot, so I can load and think about those warm spring days..

7. Chugiakshooter

Chugiakshooter Member

There is always winter leagues,there is about 57 teams signed up right now at Bircwood Shooting Park in Alaska,-20 the traps don't really work very well.

8. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

Winter, what Winter?

San Diego...

9. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

I'm lucky enough to live in Florida. Best time of the year to shoot is just begining. Not too hot, not too cold, BUT JUST RIGHT. Marc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.