1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Looks like we all might need to learn Chinese

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Jerbear, Apr 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Interesting Read...

Jerbear

2. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

You have a point but the Chineese are now into making money and going to war cuts into that profit margin....

Ronbo

3. grammie

grammie TS Member

Ohh no,,you have it backwards.....WAR makes PROFIT!!!! War----makes the economic engine perform!!! WAR----makes your economy boom!!!

Maderin Chinese is spoken by more people in the world than the English Language has speakers!!!!!

AKA Grammie.........

4. K-80 Jim

K-80 Jim TS Member

Walmart has the CDs and audio book on sale this week only.....

5. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

looks like monty python had it right, how does that line go......"there's a thousand million of 'em so you better get to like 'em".

6. flyfishinfool

flyfishinfool TS Member

Yep - a second language is not a bad idea. My daughter got her Bachelors in Spanish and her Masters in Nursing. So, she is a Spanish speaking Nurse Practitioner.

Not to be out done, my 24 year old son got his Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering while taking 14 hours of Chinese at the same time. He has made 3 trips to China. First summer he taught English. Second summer he worked as an engineering intern for a company that made nuts and bolts. The third time he spent a year over there as a full time student at Jio Tong University in Shanghai studying the Chinese. He just recently took on a part time engineering internship and will transfer to Fudan University (Shanghai) this fall.

His girlfriend is an intern for a large American company and she speaks perfect English. So, Ben has gotten to meet several engineers and human resource folks over there. And they all tell him that it is extremely rare to find an American Caucasion that speaks Chinese.

And get this - his Chinese girlfriend is completing her Masters in International Economics at Fudan University while TAKING SPANISH CLASSES AT THE SAME TIME.

Kinda like the city mouse that visited his country cousin. A mean old tom cat approached them and the country mouse ran for his life. The city mouse stood his ground. The cat got closer. At which time the country mouse yelled "bow wow woof woof" and the cat ran off. This impressed the country cousin at which time the city mouse said "Yep, ya never know when a second language will come in handy"

Yep, ya never know.

Dan

7. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Dam, now which language am I suppose to learn? I've been thinking about learning Spanish so I can converse with the 25% of the people I meet every day who don't speak English. Now you tell me I'll probably need to speak Chinese. Wish somebody would make up their mind.

I think I'll go with Spanish, because even if the Chinese do take over the country the illegals in the US will refuse to learn Chinese forcing the Chinese to speak Spanish, which will make Spanish the de facto language of this land.

8. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Very funny, but the Chinese will have the upper hand, and don't think they will be as nice to the Mexicans (or us) as we were.

The Yellow Peril will be as a plague of locusts on the land. Of course Clinton was their pal. Gave them the missile guidance info and all.

Wish I never would have had grandchildren.

HM

9. Big Al 29

Big Al 29 TS Member

Speak Chinese, convert to muslim, work for mexicans and become black?

10. sptnclays

sptnclays Member

I work with a couple of Filpino's and they were saying the Chinese invaded and are occupying one of their islands.
    Let the expansion begin.

11. K-80 Jim

K-80 Jim TS Member

I think it's a very hard to find deer like creature that is believed to live in parts of Afghanistan and other middle Eastern countries.....

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.