1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Looks like the bubble is bursting on AR15 prices..

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Brian in Oregon, Apr 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Several NIB and LNIB Bushmasters and DPMS AR15s went begging for buyers even though they were priced at $750 to $950 at the gun show. Some capitalists are going to get burned for their gouging speculation. Prices are dropping below what they paid for their guns.

Plenty of GI AR15 mags and prices are almost back to normal. Magpul PMAGs are still in short supply, though.

Ammo is still scarce and prices are still up. Especially on .22 LR and .223.

2. cnsane

cnsane Member

Thanx for that ray of Hope. I'm told that ammo is still scarce even though the Hoarders are well stocked up because of POS speculators snatching it all up to double the price and sell it to their friends.

3. GW22

GW22 Active Member

LOL, SWEET JUSTICE!

-Gary

4. lwr_

lwr_ Member

The ARs were available at the local Wal-Mart throughout the panic at regular low Wal-Mart prices. Granted they sold as soon as they hit the shelves; however, they now sit on the shelve for more than a day before selling.

Brownells is starting to catch up on backorders. I received some 308 last week that I put on backorder in January.

5. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

I saw a whole rack full of AR Type guns at the local gun dealer yesterday. No shortage and priced at what he needs to sell them at to be in business. My local gun shop knew that when this was all over the people that got gouged would remember WHERE they got gouged.

He had ammo and primers but limited the purchases so all could get some.

6. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

It called "supply and demand"

The demand has been satisfied, so prices fall because no one is buying.

Glad I didn't fall for the rat race.

7. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

This is what 5.56 ammo looks like in stock. I know some of you may have forgotten what it looked like. :)

Excuse the blurry picture taken through the glass case. Taken about an hour ago.

[​IMG]

8. lwr_

lwr_ Member

Yep, all the local gun shops were and are still gouging on ARs and ammo. Their shelves are full of panic priced items. Yes, I will remember their greed and shop elsewhere.

9. oz

oz Active Member

DPMS is selling 30 round C-products magazines for $12.00 each. spend over $50 and shipping is free. oz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.