1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Looks like someone needs to learn to compromise...

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by bigdogtx, Dec 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

I mean you have to give a little to get a little........

2. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

Well, this probably is going to be the story until midnight, Dec. 31.

3. crusha

crusha TS Member

For Democrats, compromise means keeping the whorehouse piano rolling, keeping the punchbowl spiked, keeping the spigot of money open...and the gubmint getting bigger.

When the Republicans go along with that...those are said to be "Good Republicans."

And ten-hut: the TS.com Government Teat-Suckers will be along presently to tell us it's so.

4. pretzel

pretzel TS Member

Obama won the election by the skin of his teeth. He somehow thinks its a mandate to tax and spend. Winning by such a small amount could have been stolen votes. Dems are smart enough to pull it off.

Thats a compliment to the dems , in case they dont see it.

Larry P

5. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

That was good buzz. I guess the professor and muddy lake are on vacation, or studying their Thesarus for the right words.

6. midalake

midalake Banned User Banned

Ya Charlie

GOOD TIMES....

Trillions in Debt.

Jobs on the downslide

Pay for workers and workers rights evaporiting.

But I am sure this has worked:

The wealthiest in this country ARE paying the LOWEST actual tax rate in HISTORY.

Union workforce numbers at a 70 YEAR LOW!!!! Written FACT

How has it worked for you Chuck???

GS

7. midalake

Hey Chuck

Maybe the Republicans can get the middle class back to 1910 and we can start over???

Remember Chuck, when I [the middle class] has nothing left to loose what do you think will happen?

GS

8. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Midalake,

You are absolutely right all this stuff is happening since Obama was elected and we have four more years of it to look forward to.

YEAH!!!

Obama, Obama, Obama!!!!

Four More Years. Four More Years.

Don't worry people, while I am agreeing with Midalake, unlike him, I am sober this morning and I got my annual anti Liberal vaccine shot.

9. Rick Barker

Midalake

The Left turned down the Republicans counter offer to reduce spending.

The counter offer from the GOP included 800 billion in new taxes.

Which do you think will come first?

The end of the world 12/21/2012, or the end of the tax breaks 12/31/2012.

10. midalake

Get your wallet open Rick!!!!!

It will hurt you WAY more than me............

GS

11. midalake

IN FACT

After hearing ALL the BS out of congress. I hope and PRAY that nothing is done.

Then we will hear the rich squeal like the little PIGLETTS THEY ARE!!!!

BOEHNER is an arrogant ASS who needs to stay out of the tanning both and go to work more!!!!

adjective
    making claims or pretensions to superior importance or rights; overbearingly assuming; insolently proud: an arrogant public official.
    characterized by or proceeding from arrogance: arrogant claims

GS

12. midalake

In Fact I am calling and sending emails to ALL of my Reps. today.

NO compromise on the continuation of the Bush tax cuts!!!! EXPIRE!!!!

PERIOD!!!

GS

13. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IRiaT0lKm6w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mudflake, do you know why union membership is down? The rank and file are sick of getting screwed. Self serving leadership has done more to wreck unions than all the politics in the country.

The local teachers union has decided to join up with WEAC. They need a bigger horse to ride.

HM

14. insight

insight TS Member

What is shown by both the Republican and Democrats is how out of touch our elected officials really are. They have been unable to put together a budget for the past 3 year and it looks to be continuing on.

To let the tax cut expire will, without making any adjustments, will have an effect on every one. From what I have read in the newspaper this will probably hurt the middle class the most. The rich will continue on with their very good tax attorneys and accountants.

So Both the Democrats and Republicans need to come up with a plan to reduce spending and close tax loop holes.

I do know that the Democrats have been saying the National Debt is not an issue. And on the other end of the chart the Republican are saying the National Debt is an issue.

All i know for sure is that when i spend more money than i take in, i have a spending issue or problem.

I am not sure why our elected officials cannot figure this out.

15. Rick Barker

Because most of them are rich millionaires, who benefit from good or bad economy and have their own retirement and healthcare programs unrivaled and protected from the normal ills that afflict the little people.

16. midalake

GOOD GOD HALFMILE!!!

Tell me your SMARTER than that!!!!

GS

17. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Get ready, I think the James Dean scene is about to happen. Suicide doors, and all! We will all have or cuff caught on the door handle. At least it will be 50/50. It will cost us all, but that is what we are asking for, right?

18. drgondog

drgondog Member

I'm hoping that once this last offer has truly failed - and it appears Obama has no interest - then I would like to see the Repubs simply pass a Bill modeled after the Simpson Bowles - and go home until mid January. Obama/Reid either pass the Bill or compromise in a way that any taxes and cuts are aligned to same timeframe. If any tax kicks in down the road (such as Obamacare) additional cuts have to be made to offset the taxes - in the same period - not five years down the road.

No compromise? All tax rates revert to pre-Bush. Deficit hits the ceiling. Repubs don't agree to lift the Debt Ceiling. Let the chips fall where they may.

Pick up the pieces after the citizens hang or tar and feather both Houses of Congress - and the President - and re-do the 2012 elections for the recently deceased congressmen.

Bill the Curmudgeon

Scurry, TX

19. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Rick I wasn't part of the we that did

20. jimsw

jimsw Member

Forget compromising. obamas proposals are ridiculous. If he thinks he has a mandate all the Republicans have to do is vote present, not for or against. The democrats will get what they want and will be 100% responsible for the disaster that will follow. The 2014 elections will be a chance to get something done if there is anything left.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.