1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Looks like someone got a deal

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by KEYBEAR, Dec 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Remember it,s a LJutic . Any price is a high price for a LJutic .

2. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

Geez....I guess!

Buz

3. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I have seen mono guns sell well below that

regards from Iowa

Gene

4. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Hey Gene,

That was an ARS Mono, not just a mono. That gun was probably $9,000 just 4 years ago.

As I've often said, the best way to buy a Ljutic is used. They loose way too much to buy new!

ec90t

5. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I don't call that a steal

6. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

If you love 'em it's a deal, if you hate 'em...well you just don't get it!!

7. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

The real worth of a gun is what it will sell for. Not, what someone who paid a bunch when they bought it new thinks it should sell for.

We all see folks list guns for sale on here (TS) at what they think is a fair price. Then they go back to the thread 25 times and put TTT or something to refresh but the gun doesn't sell. It doesn't sell because the price is out of the market rage. One thing about GB or Auction Arms. If a gun is put up with very little or no minimum it sells. It will find its level.

Buying expensive guns can be cruel. Buying them used can be a real treat.

Jake

8. ec90t

ec90t Guest

ljutic73,

It's not a love/hate thing. It is just that Ljutic's loose way too much money to buy new! None of the other premium gun makers loose that big.

ec90t

9. g7777777

EC90T -- I am not sure that is true about all new guns

I would say that some Kolar owners have really taken a hosing.

Some Beretta models have also taken a big nose dive

there may be others

L guns arent the only ones

regards from Iowa

Gene

10. B.C.

B.C. Member

looks like a shill bid ! B.C.

11. g7777777

BC- that does occur

regards from Iowa

Gene

12. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Never owned one, never will, but that thing sure wuz purty.

13. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Hoosier Try telling that to Steve at Indiana Gun Club . The last time I did a count he had over fiftey new and used LJutic,s . I agree IF someone was looking for that gun it was an OK deal .

In the next six months you will see some real deals on trap guns . If shot don,t come down and new shells go up like is being said you will buy a gun like this one for alot less .

I know married friends that both shoot registerd once or more a week . The guy works and the wife don,t he can,t make money that fast . You and I will see a big change in this game in the next two years .

If we ever see 25 dollar shot it will be a miracle and new shells will never be 40 dollars a flat .

14. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

ec90t....that may very well be the case, especially if you're changing trapguns every year or so....I bought mine used, restocked it with some primo walnut and I've been shooting it for 25 years...mostly 'cause the guns works great for me and I don't have the resources to drop 10K+ on a new "toy" every couple of years.

15. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I've wondered aloud many times about the poor resale value of a Ljutic. I have two friends who bought new ones and lost their backsides when they sold them - and one of them did it twice! I shot all three of those guns and thought they were a pleasure to shoot. There's no questioning the quality of a Ljutic, so why don't they hold their value?

Ed

16. AveragEd

Yeah, I'll take a couple of them, too.

But seriously, everything we buy new depreciates. That wouldn't happen if we didn't mind paying the same price for something regardless if it is used or new, but we do. Some brands, however, just seem to depreciate more than others. That's often a sign of poor quality in a product or the service behind it but that's not the case here. For some reason, Ljutics really seem to get hammered on the used gun market a lot more than any other "premium" gun. It wonders me why...

Ed

17. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

AverageEd,Not everything you buy new will depreciate. An example is a Randall knife, some people will order them from the factory and wait 5 years for delivery then sell for a profit. I am sure theres other items similar.

George

18. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Go try and buy a Ljutic Space gun for the orginal price. Good Luck, they are selling for twice or more of the orginal price.

19. AveragEd

Oh, there always are exceptions to the depreciation rule. We all can name lots of used cars that now command many times their price when new. But with those exceptions aside, buyers normally will not pay new price for a finished product that is used but is still available new, thus we have depreciation.

Gordy, I love your wood and you seem like a great guy but either you own a fleet of Ljutics and are in denial or you haven't bought a new Ljutic and tried to sell it lately. Again, I'm not bashing Ljutics - I think they're great guns and it bugs me to see them do so poorly on the used gun market.

Ed

20. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

That was a good deal, had it been posted properly stating it was an Ljutic ARS it would have brought more money, a lot of people did not look thinking it was just a Ljutic Mono Gun. The ARS would have commanded more money.

Dr.longshot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.