1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Looks like a gun went on a rampage again

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Winchester_aa, Apr 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Winchester_aa

Winchester_aa TS Member

I see where a gun went out on its own and killed a student and shot 8 others at Virginia Tech.
    Since the Democrats believe that guns kill, They should let the person holding the gun that went on this killing spree go. After all, People just dont kill other people.

Lets see what kind of spin they put on this one......

2. ANTRIM UDF

ANTRIM UDF TS Member

How many died in sports activities, bus crahes, swimming pool dives, drug over doses, drunk driving car crashes, or just die for no known reason?

3. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

Be assured of the fact that the Firearms Industry and everything related to guns and shooting will take it "in the hiney" for what has happened today in Virginia. The whole scenario at Va. Tech is truly astonishing and awfully sad.......Uncle Sam, Pa.

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Since the Vang incident in Northern Wisconsin, I have been thinking. We have had a lot of Asian youths with guns, (and good ones, too) shooting up houses and other driveby action.

I am getting the idea that some young Asians in this country must be totally brainwashed by TV and also by gang culture mores. At least that's how it is around here.

Funny how these stereotypes create themselves.

Asians shoot the hell out of everthing with their pistols.

Mexicans stab each other a lot around here.

Blacks commit armed robberies More than any other group.

It begins to look like the whites are not with the program at all.

Guys, come on! Let's put some score on the board!!

Sheesh.

HM

5. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

AOL Headline news is now reporting that he killed 30 and then killed his self or maybe police killed him making the death toll 31!
    Prayers for family and friends!

6. Seitz 719

Seitz 719 TS Member

HalfMile you sure said a mouth full there- isure agree with you. plus the damn media should leave the officals alone so they can do there job. Tom.

7. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Another argument for Principles,Teachers and even Custodial workers to be packing heat,off during the summer and can get trained and background tested.

If you don't know if you will be shot back at and by whom you will think twice. This guy killed himself anyway so he was going for broke.

I know I will get flamed for this but even if a liberal professor had a ccw ( witch he wouldn't) and defended himself maybe just maybe a fewer less bright kids would be dead right know.

Think about it... They even had campus police and he was able to kill 32 people. I have spoken with my son's elementary principle at length on this subject and he told me, if he were allowed to he would carry. He would be packing and it would not be in some safe on the other side of the school. Well, we can't bring them back but we can pray for their families and students that have to heal from this tragedy.

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Jerbear

8. dverna

dverna Active Member

Young men and women with lives to live - wasted.

Families facing an unbearable loss - devastated.

The press has a story and revel in the moment - pathetic.

Don

9. SShooterZ

SShooterZ Member

A true tragedy and right away, the Brady Bunch is on the prowl for pushing their agenda.

10. pbl

pbl TS Member

today's tragedy in virginia will surely hit up here in canada.we had it last fall at dawson college in montreal.the media willdo their usual pathetic dance to the anti gun lobby,will not help anything and just add to our gun control mess we have in this country. sympathies to all families involved

11. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Don I agree... and NBC brought up the fact that the Brady Bill has expired and you can buy clips that will hold 19 rounds. SO WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The man pulled the trigger on an other human being not the gun walking through the halls. The 9mm and 22cal. are paper weights until someone pulls the trigger. The chicken shit had a fight with his girl friend and he goes on a rampage, NOW... we gun enthusiast will have to defend our pleasure for a while until this blows over again.

Jerbear

12. ArmySGM

ArmySGM Member

I really fill for the families of the students who were killed. I only hope that some of them at least attempted to overcome this psycho, and not just stand and be killed like cannon fodder. I would rather die trying than wait for him to shoot me just standing there.

If at least one of those students or professors had a weapon, how many lives could have been saved? We won't hear that side of the story. I can't in my mind imagine how he killed that many before being killed or taken captive. Where is the law enforcement that is going to protect us all after they take our guns? Get real.. This is what we have to look forward to if only the criminals have guns. Guns don't kill, and neither do golf clubs.

Gary

13. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

Time to get BACK on the phone, I know you have all called your reps at least once right? Told them to fight the new bill 1022 from McCarthy in NY?

Well you had better get to it NOW.

You can "discuss" the 2nd Amendment with the anti 2nd Amendment people until you are all blue in the face. THEY WILL NEVER GET IT. How many of you thought clinton could never push the black rifle bill thru back in 92? Well it's coming again, only worse.

Outlaw all those semi-auto and hi cap mag weapons. It was all over the radio before they even had any idea what this shooter or(shooters) even had. I say shooters because they don't know if the first shooter left the grounds and returned or if he left and some copycat decided to try the same thing on the other side of the campus.

My question to anyone that wants ot outlaw these semi-auto pistols and rifles is, What the hell is the difference between someone that is UNSTABLE, and they are, using a semi 15 shot 9mm and someone using a .38 revolver? In a situation like a school, a "gun free" zone, the shooter has NOTHING to fear. He or she can reload that revolver and shoot as many rounds as they wish. I'm not saying that everyone should carry a weapon to school but at least let the adult teachers carry if they so choose. What do all the anti 2nd Amendment people always tell us? "If it saves one life, it was worth passing this anti 2nd Amendment bill".

If one of those teachers had a permit and was able to stop this shooter from killing JUST ONE MORE student, it was worth letting them carry. Remember that the brady bunch and their kind do not want to stop with just a few "bad" guns. Their goal is to remove all firearms from your possession. They have to start somewhere. They thought they had a crack when clinton signed the first anti 2nd Amendment bill. NOW THEY WILL BE OUT IN FORCE. WE HAVE TO DO THE SAME. DO NOT SIT BACK AND WATCH. GET INVOLVED, CALL, WRITE, E-MAIL YOUR REPS.

I already saw McCarthy( bill #1022, assualt weapons and others) on CNN this afternoon. You think she is at home praying for these poor students? She is a politician. She will use this shooting to further her own agenda. To her this is smart politics. She will get on the TV and say all the words the families of these students SHOULD hear. In the next sentence, she will tell the rest of us that if these "bad" guns were taken out of the hands of poor misguided youth, we wouldn't have this kind of tragedy. Her bill has to do with long guns but her and her kind will not miss a chance to push for more restrictive bans on handguns. Watch and listen.

AJ100

14. 100straight

100straight Member

I know that in some states "campus" police are not allowed to carry guns. Does anyone know if that is the case in Virginia?

Mark.

15. larryjk

larryjk Member

If a budding psycho is looking for someplace to try for a new Guiness record, he/she can find no better place than a school/college. To protect the students, they,the students, are not allowed to have a firearm anywhere near the school. Neither are the teachers allowed to have a firearm,(doesn't say much for their alleged stability). This makes it a real safe place for a psycho to try for a new record.
    As in this instance, the police will be right there, to fill in a hugh report on what happened. They won't be there in time to stop it, but they will get the facts. (I don't blame the police; just the stupid as--- that think the police will prevent the crime by analyzing what happened).
    The victims must also take some responsibility if they meekly await their turn by the executioner. If a few form a crew to rush the perp, they may be shot and killed anyway; but they may succeed in stopping him/her and should tear the bas---- limb from limb and let the police figure out what happened. I told my grandsons it is better to stand in front of St. Peter and say you failed in your attempt than say you waited in the fetal position for your turn.

16. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

100straight

I have a friend here in West KY that is security cop at Murray State Unversity I will call him in a bit since he is working tonight and see if he carrys a gun or not I think they do though.

ok he was a county deputy but just went to the campus a few months ago since it was a better job with better benefits.

Fog

17. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

I just can't believe how the guy shot a bunch of people, walked half a mile on a college campus, and shot more people...it's just plain pathetic...I heard on the radio that they believed he had an extended 30 round magazine in the 9mm (may be wrong as far as i know). I just don't know how the hell the liberals think that banning certain things is really going to keep them out of the wrong peoples hands.
    Like drugs; marijuana, cocaine, and heroin, all ILLEGAL according to our government system, but people still manage to get their hands on it...if they ban hand (any) guns, the criminals are still going to find a way to get them, automatic weapons are ILLEGAL, yet people STILL HAVE THEM!! IF THEY BAN HANDGUNS, THEY'LL STILL HAVE THEM, AND THEY'LL STILL KILL PEOPLE IF THEY FLIPPIN' PLEASE!

-Jollytrapshooter

18. 90T3200

90T3200 TS Member

All the anti-gunners are grabbing a hold of this - using it to splatter their anti-gun agenda and comments all over.

Look at the first COMMENT someone posted to this news channel blog.
    http://wtnh.tv/blogs/index.php/anchors/2007/04/16/a_moment_of_silence#comments (click on it up on top of my post..it won't link here..)

I think we should take it upon ourselves to counter these people one on one. Fight the good fight, spread the good word, stand up for our rights and against their non-sense.

Who cares if thats not your channels blog? Compose a pro-gun arguement and submit it at the bottom - stand up for your rights. Overwhelm the anti's that are using this to their political advantage.

19. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

100straight:

I talked to my friend that is a campus security cop and he said they carry guns he also has a shot gun with buck shot and a .223 rifel in the car all the time.

He said he knew what the problem was at the shooting he said it is like always there is no one willing to make a decision and to many chain of comands to follow because everyone is afraid of a law suit and if he was in the same situation and decided to act on his own then he bet his fellow offericers would not stand up for him if they was named in a law suite because not long ago about the same thing happened in our county when a detective shot at a stolen semi truc that the cops had chased thru many counties and was heading across the TN line on a back roads and the TN law said he is going to hit a school bus load of kids on down the road if he wasn't stopped.

Well the 1 cop shot the tire out and part of the bullet richoet and went thru the bottom of the sleeper and stuck a passenger and they died from the wounds.

Now the frequent criminal's family sued and forgot what they got but the dective lost his job just trying to save a few more lives so the truck would not collide with the school bus coming down the road a few miles down. It was a freak accident of the bullet striking like it did.

foghorn

20. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

Jearbear
    I agree with you 100% we will have to defend our pleasure for a while on this one.I think the some teachers should be allowed to carry but who decides which teachers and how would you screen them to insure that they are not the next idiot with a gun in a school?
    Rooferbob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.