1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking to talk to Whitebear

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Rattlesnake Dick, Aug 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rattlesnake Dick

Rattlesnake Dick TS Member

Whitebear, want to talk about the good ole days a bit ? PM or email re :
    A 411/B 43

Dave Vikander

2. silverado

silverado TS Member

You're a little off there EE. What's is got to do with is two ex Green Beret's who haven't seen each other or talked since 1970 Vietnam.

Michael Veit

3. Rattlesnake Dick

Trapshooters, my apologies for barging in on your forum. I've been looking for Mike for some time, found him once years ago, but no opportunity to communicate came with it. So when this one came up I took it. Again, my apologies, and I hope you understand.

Dave Vikander
    SoCal Jackalope hunter

4. Harv Shell

Harv Shell TS Supporters TS Supporters

You owe no apologies Dave, some here are a little quick to make stupid comments.<br>
    <br>

I'm proud to call Mike my friend, and thank you both for your service to our country. Harv Shell

5. Rattlesnake Dick

Thanks Harv. I missed the comment, apparently deleted. Darn it, I like a good scrap. Mike and I are starting to talk via email, sending pics. Lots of memories flood back, seems like too many at once. Good to have a friend, especially one like Mike. Always, always covered my back, and no doubt yours.

God Bless

Dave

6. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

Dave, I want to hear the story on how you got that handle.

7. Rattlesnake Dick

Hi Cy-Kick. While the opportunity to embellish is hard to pass up, ahem, the truth is very simple. I belong to a horsemens club, The Hole In the Wall Gang. We are old West reenactors, do parades, skits, other performances, to raise money for the Horsemanship for Handicapped Kids program. We are currently exploring Project Odyssey, a sub group of the Wounded Warriors Project for a potential horse/Vet event. Each member picks a name, preferably a real old West character. Rattlesnake Dick was called the Prince of the Highwaymen out here in the Placer region of California during Gold Rush Days. He was very successful, had a large intelligence network including many barkeeps, prostitutes, and bank teller types, never shot anyone, and was generally a good guy except for a few vices. Some think the mafia organized themselves following Dick's model of crime gangs. He was a handsome, debonair, clever, smooth talking kinda guy, who was forced into his life of crime through unfortunate circumstance. There is still an undiscovered cache of gold lost somewhere up there, robbed from a Wells Fargo mule train and hidden just proir to the gang getting shot to death. Rattlesnake was not there for the shootout or the robbery, as his style was to plan and organize, usually from the saloon or whore house.

Seemed a good choice for me, as I am a bit of a clever Dick myself, able to talk my way into and out of many interesting experiences. I don't know about the handsome part, as mostly I resemble the forty miles of bad road thingy nowadays.

Sorry to spoil with the truth, but I am generally an honest man and good guy myself. Unless forced to behave otherwise. Wink

God Bless

Dave

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.