1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking to put a buy together

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by RAScott, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RAScott

RAScott Member

I am looking to put a buy together for shot and components, at our club and for friends in other clubs any info. on wholsalers and pricing. I am located in the people republic of Mass. Thanks any info. appreciated.
    Bob

2. Bulldog50

Bulldog50 TS Member

Try BEIKIRCH AMMUNITION CORP. 930 LINDEN AVE. PO BOX 151. E ROCHESTER, NY 14445
    They are large dealer of shooting supplies and I belive they will do large shipments via commercial trucking. 585-248-3660.

For Powder and primers Recobs target shop will ship up to a 70 lb box under one Haz Mat fee. www.recobstargetshop.com

Hope this helps.

3. RAScott

RAScott Member

thankyou much appreciated that was the name that i couldn't remember

4. tallpaul

tallpaul Member

Be aware that most states require sales tax to be charged by the club for these items club members are purchasing. If (and I can assure you from experience, when) the club is audited, it will be responsible for the taxes. It can be a substantial amount, depending on how much is moved through the club. Our club doesn't do this any more for this very reason. Your club's board should, at the very least, be made aware of the possible liabilities. Our club now makes bulk purchases through a local gun shop with a store front, and pays him the sales tax. It's a bit more money, but we're off the hook and we're supporting a local gun shop, which are becoming harder to find these days. (P.S. I am not with the IRS!).

5. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

It is true that SOMEONE has to pay the sales tax but if the club pays it, so be it. If the club files a "Resale Certificate" when it purchases the supplies it does not have to pay the tax at that time but it is required to collect the sales tax when the supplies are sold and remit to the taxing authority.

6. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

If the club doesn't take delivery of the components, it's considered a sale between the supplier and the various shooters, and the club has no liability for any sales taxes. The club never takes title to the components, and they have no tax liability on them.

We do the same thing several times a year. One of our members puts together an order, and the supplier "piggy-backs" our order with others, including our club's orders for birds and ammo. The order is listed as a "cash sale" by the supplier, and drop-shipped to our club. We pay cash or check in advance. We meet at the club when the order arrives, and split it up. BTW, our club sells NO components. Our club remits sales taxes directly to the state as part of our direct pay, and resale tax licenses.

The individual purchasers are liable for any sales or use tax to the state, and it's remitted annually as part of the individual's state income tax return.

Best,
    Dennis

7. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

I'm about 15 mins from beikirch's, drop me an email or PM if theres anything I can do to help.

kolarskeet@gmail.com

Ian Smingler

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.