1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking to buy a place at Silver Dollar.

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Bocephas, Dec 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

0   0   0

The wife and I are looking at buying a place at Silver Dollar.

Please send all info,Real estate tax,lease per year,upkeep,Pics.rules of being a member etc. to cbeardbo@hcil.net.

Bo

2. setter

setter Member

0   0   0

Call Zernie.

3. perga1

perga1 Active Member

0   0   0

There are several places for sale there. I suggest you call the office. If you do not have a Dixie Program PM me and I will get you the number. JRM

4. Bocephas

0   0   0

Zardozforty,got your Pm.Thanks Bo.

Sent you one back.

Bocephas

5. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

0   0   0

50% only!!

Curt

6. Hydra

Hydra TS Member

0   0   0

I would be careful if I were you. At one time here on TS.com there was talk about if the trap field and the club would be there in the next 5 years or not. Don't get caught with something that you may not be able to sell.

7. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

0   0   0

Golf? Ain't them little critters hard to eat?

Curt

8. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Bo,

Here is something to consider. It is my understanding from reading other posts on this site, that in addition to the money required to purchase the mobile home, a person must pay over $500 per month in lot rent. There may be some utilites and/or lawn maintence received for this $500 per month so check on this.

Another thing, if it's like most moblie home parks I'm familiar with, the monthly rental keeps going up every year.

An alternative would be to spend more money initially and purchase a place somewhere nearby where you actually own the lot. The initial cost would be greater, but you'll probably get most of that money back when you sell. In fact, you might even make a profit. If you pay lot rent, that's just money that you'll never recover.

I'm not trying to knock the Silver Dollar. I'm just suggesting that you check around and carefully weigh the alternatives. You may come out ahead by buying a home and owning the land it sits on as opposed to paying rent forever on something you'll never own. Just my 2 cents.

Easystreet

9. Bocephas

0   0   0

Thanks Easystreet,I am looking at all options.

We are going down in March to shoot the Southern Grand.

We will be looking.I think it's a buyers market right now.

A fellow trapshooting friend of mine bought lot and all as you have said.

Bo

10. Terry L A

Terry L A TS Member

0   0   0

If you like to shoot and have fun, buy a place at the dollar. Most places sell for less than a camper or motorhome. Yes, lot rent goes up every year and the places are not a good investment-you will probably loose money just like a motorhome.

However, it is ok to invest in yourself. If you have worked hard, invested properly and you enjoy the lifestyle at the dollar it is actually a great investment in fun.

If you are buying for an investment, go somewhere else.

If you are buying for enjoyment, the dollar is the greatest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.