1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking to buy 30 REM AMMO REMINGTON MODEL 8

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by TomSilver, Mar 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TomSilver

TomSilver TS Member

0   0   0

Looking to buy 30REM Ammo.
    Does anyone have some 30 REM Ammo that they can sell me.
    I own a Remington Model 8 Rifle and can not find the right ammo for it.
    I know it is 30 caliber but I can't find any anywhere. I believe they stopped making them a while back The Bullet casings says 30 REM and also the old stock may be called UMC.Western Cartridge made them as well as the Remington Company. Please let me know if you have any to sell.

You can email me at tom@tomsilver.com, or call me at 1805 525-5500. Thanks so much everybody. Tom S

2. aabradley82

aabradley82 TS Member

0   0   0

If the search here doen't turn any up check gunbroker, all kinds of odd stuff on there

3. Jim R

Jim R Ljutic Nut TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Don't know if that link will work.

Here are 4 boxes of it.

http://www.ows-ammo.com/store/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&keyword=30+Remington

4. Jim R

Jim R Ljutic Nut TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Here is another listing for 30 Remington.

http://www.ammonow.com/rifle_.30_Remington_page_1.html

5. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

0   0   0

PM sent

6. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Tom, I have a model 8 that has been in my family maybe 80 years. I had the same problem. A few years back a friend who works for Browning got me a whole case...brand new. I believe he got them directly from Remington. If you need more info...PM me and I'll inquire for you. Below pic of 2012 buck taken on my property w/mod. 8

milt
    [​IMG]

7. trapperpg

trapperpg Member

0   0   0

Take a look at the model 8 forum. You probably will not find anyone selling loaded ammo, but you may be able to coerce ($$$) someone to lathe-turn some 30-30 cases down to 30 Remington, then load your own. The 6.8SPC pretty much wiped out the last batches of 30 Remington brass that was available. Jamison offered 30Remington brass pre-CheyTac issue, but I don't know if the new Jamison's will offer it. http://thegreatmodel8.remingtonsociety.com/forums/

8. avery53

avery53 Member

0   0   0

I feel for you on finding 30 Rem ammo, I have a Model 8, 14, and 141 that all take the 30 Rem ammo. Even the Old Western Scrounger doesn't have any in stock.
    They are still a good place to keep checking back on, as they occasionly get it in. Expect to pay $40-$50 a box though.
    If you do not find any in your search, I might let a box or two go, but please try to find some elsewhere first.

avery

9. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I grew up in Pennsylvania, and there a LOT of model 14's and 141's in .30 Rem. I used my grandfathers 141 for my first deer season. You see Remington rimless cartridges from time to time at estate sales. I'd try that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
30 remington ammo

30 remington ammo for sale

30 remington model 8 ammo
old 30 remington ammo
remington model 8
remington model 8 30 caliber
remington model 8 30 caliber for sale
remington model 8 for sale