1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking over my state shoot program

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by senior smoke, May 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2007
    Wauwatosa Wisconsin
    This morning, I looked over my Wisconsin state shoot program. For some reason I decided to read every page and very word that was printed. Deep down, I know that I will never be able to participate in our state shoot again.

Printed were past winners and HOF members, and with each name that I read on the page I was brought back in time picturing these fellow shooters that I once knew and shot with.

As I continued reading I sadly saw some of my friends with an asterisk along side their names, meaning they were no longer with us. I was unaware of some that were gone, and wished that I could have shot or spoke to them at least one more time.

I realize that I never appreciated the time that I had in shooting, the good and not so good times that I had with some of them. I felt bad about the time I argued over being classified in a higher class than I thought I should have been classified.

Now that I'm older, I ask myself, why did I even do this or that? Sitting back, I now understand that scores are not really that important, as friendships is what really counts in the long run in our game. Things that seemed so important at one time are now trivial at best.

Today, I read names in my state shoot program that I never even heard before. At one time I knew almost everyone associated with our state shoot. People come and go I guess, but it's really hard letting go.

For all the younger people who are out there that are in your prime, cherish every moment and every person you meet, every score you shoot go or bad, combined all of these memories make you who you are.

I sit back this morning day dreaming, remembering shooting with Vic Reinders, once so young and not really realizing that I once knew and shot with some of the best in our sport.

It's been a good run, I hope you can all say the same thing some day.
    Steve Balistreri
    Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.