1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for Win. Model 12 Owners Manual

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mimitrap, May 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mimitrap

mimitrap TS Member

I am trying to locate an owners manual for a Winchester Model 12 made in 1972. If you know where I can download one on the net please let me know. Or if you have one you don't mind scanning to share with me I would be so happy. I need to take mine apart to clean it, and don't want to mess anything up.
    If you don't have a copy but have a tip or two about these guns please let me know. Thank you so much! Michelle

2. johnpe

johnpe Member

Go to www.stevepages.com/page7b.htm. This link has information on a host of guns including the M12. I've looked at the M12 information and it may have what you need. This is a link I keep in my favorites.

Johnpe

3. mimitrap

mimitrap TS Member

Johnpe Thank you so much I will check it out. Michelle

4. mimitrap

mimitrap TS Member

Johnpe...........Is this link still good? I tried to go there and it is not working but we are having lots of rain right now so it might be the weather. I will check again after weather gets better. Thank you again. Michelle

5. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Go to Bing.com or Google.com and put in Model 12 or Winchester Model 12, you will get more information than you would want and or need and you can download the manual there also ... Google.com has a take down video that you might like ... More Model 12 information than anyone would want .. WPT ... (YAC) ...

6. Pseudo Nym

Pseudo Nym Member

Michelle, not an actual Owners Manual, but if you want a book that shows complete information and detail, check out the book titled "Sequence of Take-down and Assembly Operations. Winchester Model 12 Slide Action Repeating Shotgun".

It was used by the Product Service Department for Olin. Winchester-Western Division. New Haven 5, Connecticut. The Author is A.A. Arnold.

I picked up my copy for $10.00 at a local gun show, but you can find them online from $10 to $35. Complete with drawings and specifications for tolerances on take down and repair activities as well as part list.

Best online source I found is Cornell Publications LLC. www.cornellpubs.com
    They have copies listed for $9.95 online at their website. They list it on their site as Winchester Model 12 Gunsmith Complete Takedown Manual.

If you are a Model 12 owner and shooter, you can't go wrong for the price.

Regards,

Terry

7. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

8. mimitrap

mimitrap TS Member

Thanks so much for all the info, rain is out of here for the most part so the internet is working better. All the links works now. Thank you for the help! Michelle

9. johnpe

johnpe Member

Yes, the link is still good. I looked at it before I wrote the response. My favorites entry doesn't have the www. address so I looked at it to copy down the address. I've found some models of guns that are not on it, but most are.

Johnpe

10. mimitrap

mimitrap TS Member

Johnpe - I got it to working thanks so much for your help.

Michelle

11. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

I bought one on here a few years ago. It was nothing but poor Xerox copies. If I could find the sellers name, I would post it here as a warning to others. Larry

12. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I used to print them off and send them to people who asked for them for the postage ... I had them printed on my time (drop off, pick up), my dime (paid for the printing), bought the big envelopes and addressed them, carried them to the Post Office and mailed them, had one guy who wasn't happy with my service or the quality of a copy so I quit doing it .... The cheap SOB never even paid the postage ($3.52 as I recall) ... It was not "oldgahchamp" just as a point of clearification ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.