1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for Unique Trap Stock photos

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 1moreround, Jul 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1moreround

1moreround TS Member

Trying to come up with a trap stock with lots of drop at the heel, I'm hoping to see some photos from fellow shooters on here to post some non typical trap stocks, to help give me an idea of what I might end up with..

Thank you, Ernie Roberts

2. Patrick Haskins

Patrick Haskins Member

I would ask Dennis DeVault to send you some photos of the stocks he has created for his clients. That should give you some ideas.
    Pat Haskins

3. tanda1

tanda1 Active Member

Or just hit the link above for DeVault Industries LLC....many pics there.

4. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

I've got one, but am thinking now that a lessor drop at the heel would be better, as Neil has suggested. I'd rather go up with the rib an inch than down with the heel by the same amount. Would yield lessor gun movement at fire time. Get up and away from the bbl for a better view down to the top of the house. You'd have to build up the comb too, but everything is a trade off when you have a build like mine. Maybe next life time, if there is one, I'll put in for a shorter neck.

5. 1moreround

1moreround TS Member

I've had most of my guns with at least 1" high ribs, but it never seems to be enough to get my head and eyes in a position to see targets properly. It also makes sense to me that having too high of a rib, say closer to 2", can or will lead to improper leads if the shooter mounts with a slight gun cant. I thought by having too much drop in a stock that it will make the center line of the gun too high and increase jump and effected recoil..

6. 1moreround

1moreround TS Member

Dennis and his crew certainly do beautiful work

7. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Like this?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.