1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for this gun (16 ga model 12 trap)

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Mike K P, Feb 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike K P

Mike K P Member

Sold a 16ga model 12 that I built up for trap. 28" barrel, Briley choke tubes, monte carlo stock. It had a Simmons rib. Sold ot on this site a few years ago but can't remember the gentlemans name and the paperwork has vanished. I think my dog ate it. Looking for this gun. Thanks, Mike.

2. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Is this a memory test Mike? If so I've failed. I bought a 16 ga trap from some one on this site, don't remember who. Did you sell a Mec and some empty hulls with it? Bob

3. Mike K P

Mike K P Member

Hi Bob,
    Wow! that was fast and, Your memory is better than mine! Yes I did sell the Mec and hulls with it, along with a magazine weight. Could you send me an email or PM when you get a chance? Thanks, Mike.

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

this site is great!!

5. Mike K P

Mike K P Member

I agree, I think it's been a few years since I sold it and I found it in nine minutes! Thanks, Mike.

6. Mike K P

Mike K P Member

Yes I did want the gun back and, actually the story gets better. This gun was given to me by my father-in-law. It had been his dads gun and they only used it occasionally for hunting. It was a plain field model and although I hesitated I had it built up for trap because that was the only way I could shoot it.

A short time later my father-in-law passed away and a while later for some reason I sold it. You know how that goes.

Obviously I was able to locate the gun. I didn't tell him all the backround because I didn't want him to think I was telling him my sob story to get the gun back. After all it's his gun not mine. As it turns out he was very gracious and we will probably be able to work something out in a little while.

Thanks for asking. Mike.

7. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Kudos to Bob Hawkes for being a nice guy....

8. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

I can testify Bob is a peach of a guy. Tripod.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.