1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for the Minnesota Dog Squad...

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Jeff P, Apr 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Alright guys....

you seem to travel all over and shoot a lot of shoots. So I'm wondering how I can get you guys to come up for the Alaska State Shoot in 2008...we're probably a little bit close to the 2007 shoot for you to make arrangements.

But I can promise you great scenery, good targets (all new traps in the houses this past week...they'll be a year old in 2008), good times and 50lb king salmon, big halibut.

The Alaska State Shoot is currently about 20 squads...myself and other like minded individuals would like to see 30 squads in the next 3-5 years. And bigger after that. You guys could come up here and do it, and then spread the word far and wide for us.

What say you?

jeff

2. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

3. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Well, that's bad news, but good information, LOL.

Maybe we can shift it a week or so next year to accomodate more shooters. Something to talk about, anyway. Just seems like a natural - come to alaska, shoot a pretty dang nice shoot, catch some big fish, etc etc.

4. sle081

sle081 Member

Jeff
    I have been up and shot your state shoot back in 83/84 Steve was running the club then (if its in the same place) Seems to me the shoot was in June back then. IT was great time then, sure it still is. the club member realy rolled out the red carpet for us visitors. Hope I can come back someday and give it a shot. With luck I can drag some of my fellow DOGS along
    BIG DOG
    dave gilberg

5. Sixshooter

Sixshooter TS Member

We can't come if it rubs with our state shoot. I'm currently the President of the MTA and need to be there. I can tell your though at least three of us would love to come. The other two have small businesses that get real busy in the summer but I would certainly try and convince them. I have been to Alaska twice hunting and would like to go to shoot.

Mark Zauhar, AKA The Prez

6. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Hey Mark...

Yeah, I understand the issues of bumping up against any other state shoot! I woudn't want to pass my own state shoot to shoot anyone else's - and it's worse if you gotta run the show.

I might be able to provide an alternative, though. We have the Ironman doubles marathon in August - late august, after the Grand. The silvers are running and caribou season is open.

200 singles and 100 handicap on Saturday, 500 pair of doubles on Sunday for a 1,300 target weekend - and then you can take off and go fishing....

jeff

7. Sixshooter

Sixshooter TS Member

That sounds interesting. What do you say Big Dog and Puppy Piddle? Let's talk about it at our next gathering. The only question is, do you think they would let us on the plane?

8. Duluth Fatboy

Duluth Fatboy Banned User Banned

I'm sure the Prez and the Pup will but will the BIG DOG forget something? On the last trip he lost his ear plugs,glasses,shirt,phone and last but not least his computer on the bus that brought us to the airport. The BIG DOG can then visit his offspring, they have to be in there 20's by now!!! And fish with his Johnson fishing pole, good thing that it is attached. I'm ready to go. The Pup

9. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

WHY would anyone want to bring their computer to Alaska? Nevermind, I don't want to know....

You guys get your details worked out on who wants to come and who can't make it...we'll have 2008 shoot dates set by October or so. It will be late August for the Ironman. Prime silver salmon time. Or, decide if you want to take off on a caribou hunt.

You guys come on up, shoot, hunt or fish as is your preference, and OTNOT, YUKONJACK222 and I will show you a great time. Gar-en-teed.

My emails at the top. Stay in touch.

jeff

10. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Everyone's invited!!!!!

But, again, I'd plan on next year - we're too close for you to get good deals on airfare and whatnot for 2007, is my bet.

So now you have to work out the answers to a few basic questions:

1. Before / After the shoot, do you want to just fish?
    2. After the shoot, would you rather fly out for few days camping in the Alaskan bush and shoot some caribou than fish??
    3. How many days do you have for this grand adventure...that will determine what kind of fun we can plan for you all...but i'll bet I can get you up on the Chulitna and get a bear to chase one of you...

jeff

11. Sixshooter

Sixshooter TS Member

The Lit would prefer something different the fishing. You know, I hear he doesn't like fish smell, he's into the other type. As far as his shooting ability, the only way he can out shoot me is with his mouth.

But, being a fair person, I'll commit to going right know IF the Lit can too. We'll settle the shooting bit once and for all.

12. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

If you guys bring a full squad, I'll put 5 of my guys up against you five...losing squad over the 1,300 targets buys the keg.

In all seriousness, I'm positive we could show you guys a good time - lots of fishing during August. Heck, you can catch a limit of silvers right in downtown - 3 blocks from your hotel.

And I'm sure if Lit is agreeable, we could even arrange field trips on the side to the Bush Company and other local spots of interest, or a halibut trip. You'll be needing waders and other gear before we head out to fish.

Not that you can get it at the Bush Company, but you'll be needing it.

13. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

Mark,

I couldn't even get Lit to come out to Montana to our State Shoot. That's a heck of alot closer than Alaska. I will admit that we don't have the Bush company or the Silvers, but we do have some of the nicest targets you will ever shoot. Oh well, it's his money, and if he doesn't want to shoot here we can't force him.

Wish I could make the shoot, but too much going on this year.

Rickyd

Great Falls Trap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.