1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for SW Florida Snowbird Trap shooters -

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BarryA, Sep 21, 2013.

1. BarryA

BarryA Member

Looking for Florida "Snowbirds" in the Fort Myers area from mid-November to April. Trap shooting facilities as well as active shooters in that area seem hard to find. Sarasota (70 miles) and Naples seems to be the only travel tolerable clubs. Would enjoy finding others interested in frequent shooting - trap / skeet. (note: I have a tolerant wife). Barry

2. Straight99

Straight99 Member

I am from Fort Myers and have driven to both clubs for several years. Port runs out of birds at least once a week. I still have a hand full of tickets that I never shot. Sarasota can have four practice traps but are filled with teaching students and close before you can get to shoot. Several times I had to go home without shooting. Because of this I did not shoot last year at all. I just wish there was a closer or better club. Glenn

3. stingray44130

stingray44130 Member

Silver Dollar Tampa never wait

4. FlaLagarto

FlaLagarto Well-Known Member

Glen,

Sarasota is my home club.. I'll be home in a couple of weeks. If you decide to come over, drop me a PM and I'll be sure you get to shoot.

Jerry B

5. Straight99

Straight99 Member

Jerry. When I get back to Fort myers I will send you a PM. Thank You Glenn

6. FlaLagarto

FlaLagarto Well-Known Member

Glenn, Looking forward to it.. .!!

Here is their web page if you or anyone wants to check it out.. Very nice place to shoot. They offer Trap, Skeet, 5 Stand, and Sporting Clays. Hours of operation and directions are on the web page.

http://sarasotagunclub.com/

Jerry B