1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for suspenders

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Dickgshot, Nov 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Ten years ago there was a well known trapshooter from Arizona (I think) who used to exhibit at the shoots in Las Vegas and other western shoots. He had belts and the neatest suspenders with all kinds of indian designs. I sure would like to get some more of those suspenders.

2. Dickgshot

Maybe it was Hal Getzan?

3. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

I sent Cowboy Rick an e-mail regarding this thread ... hopefully, he will respond. Bill Malcolm

4. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

dickgtax This is the wedsite for the best place I have found to get suspenders of any kind. He they don't have them you don't need them.

Bob Lawless

PS a couple more places but the one above is best.

http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/mens/mens_accessories/suspenders/suspenders.aspx?src=G017004&afid=42&admkt=e7a871c2

http://www.gemplers.com/product/29992/Side-Clip-Suspenders

5. Dickgshot

Thanks Bob, that looks like a great place and I'm sure I'll getting some suspenders from them, however, the ones I'm talking about that were at all the big shoots at the Las Vegas Gun Club were so pretty, that I had -no lie - girls young enough to be my grandchildren stop me in the street to compliment me. I had 4 or 5 pair but over the years they wore out. I should have bought 20 or 30.

6. Dickgshot

Who in their right mind would pay $15,000 for a shotgun with one barrel and no engraving?

7. Cowboy

Cowboy TS Member

Thanks Bill for the email, I havent made suspenders in probably 6 or 7 years. Couldn't get enough money out of them anymore with all the mass produced ones that are around now. You may have gotten them from me or someone else. I have made them with concho's, enlayed horse hair, hand tooled and the indian symbols that are spoke of above. The problem is people are used to the 20 to 30 dollar price tag now and when you tell them 150 bucks for hand tooled most laugh at ya. The difference is quality and craftsmanship. Takes time.

My number in case you are interested is 602-402-6382

Cowboy Rick

8. ShawnaTX

ShawnaTX TS Member

Great comeback dickgtax!

9. ivanhoe

dickgtax it is interesting to note that I found those sites by Googling suspenders!! Give it a try you might find what you are looking for.

FlaLagarto you don't seem to realize the only place you can get horse hair long enough to make suspenders from is the tail. The high cost of the suspenders is for this reason. After all while you are cutting the hair there are some hazards. What with fallout and flying hooves and what ever. There for the high cost of the suspenders.LOL

Bob Lawless

10. ivanhoe

FlaLagarto I am not going to say a word about that. I just want you to remember who said that.

Bob Lawless

11. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

There was a guy from California who used to sell belts, suspenders, and an array of things at most of the bigger shoots, his name was Smitty ... I'm not sure if he is still around being as he was not young then but a great guy to deal with and always good for a laugh or two ... I bought several pairs of suspenders from him and am waiting until I am old enough to wear suspenders to use them ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

12. ivanhoe

WPT your old enough and at 300 plus pounds big enough. Been there done that.LOL

Bob Lawless

13. Dickgshot

WPT: We must be talking about the same guy. He was a every Las Vegas shoot, and he was a great guy to deal with. I thought he was from Phoenix, but maybe I'm wrong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.