1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

looking for some advice

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Patsy, Oct 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Patsy

Patsy TS Member

I ended up with a Krieghoff, K32 San Remo_One guy said he thought it was probably from the mid 60's. It has a soft cheek on the stock and I think it is called a kickeze on there too. I have no clue where to start to find out how much this gun is worth. I talked to one gun dealer and he said that the gun market is down. So, I guess that means he would take it off my hands for a nice cheap price. How do I get a fair idea of what this gun is worth. I don't want the gun and I could use the money. I figured maybe one of you trapshooters might know what I could do. I would appreciate the help.

2. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

What did you pay for it ????

3. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Your assessment of the gun dealer is dead on. You have a very desirable gun that should get a nice price if for sale. Standby for Gene Nosco to see your inquiry and you'll get a fair idea. It would be nice to have a full description and photo, serial number or at least how many digits in the serial number and the first two digits (like 23XXX), barrel length, rib et cetera. A photo solves much of the questions.....breakemall....Bob Dodd

4. Patsy

Patsy TS Member

I didn't pay anything for the gun. I ended up with it after a guy owed me some money. Why couldn't he just have given me a car or a dog or something?

5. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

Tell you what Patsy. I'll give you a cat or dog and you can stick me with that gun.

6. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

And, actually you DID pay for the gun; the amount the man owed you was the price you accepted. But, and assuming the gun is in good condition, if the money owed was 3 grand or less, I'd be happy were I you.....Bob Dodd

7. CharlesR1100

CharlesR1100 TS Member

Wait, I'll give you both a cat and a dog. Two cats if I can find the other one.

Does the gun have a case? Send me the case and I will send the animals back to you in it to show my good faith.

8. Patsy

Patsy TS Member

Sorry....I really hate cats. I got a few more details from the guy that owned the gun. It has 32" barrels that are improved mod. and full. The serial number on it is 5221. It has a regular rib on top.....no case either. I'm beginning to feel better about getting this gun after hearing your comments. He actually owed me less than two grand.

9. Patsy

Patsy TS Member

You're all heart! Didn't seem like the serial number had that many digits. Is that a good thing or not?

10. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

There's not a single thing wrong with the early serial numbers. Mine is # 919, all Krieghoff and will not be for sale any time in the next 20 years or so. That one you have is well after Krieghoff obtained the rights to the Remington Model 32 and then made changes to upgrade it to the K. standards. The idea that it came to the U.S. in the mid-60s is likely. You have a real buy at less than 2 thousand.....Bob Dodd

11. Patsy

Patsy TS Member

Now that advice my help! My problem is that I have a gun that is of no use to me. I am pushing 60 (won't say from which side), and never fired one of these things in my life! My husband was a trapshooter and I tagged along once in a while and remembered how nice you guys are. I figured I could get some help here. I want to sell it and had no idea of what I could even put for a reserve price. Maybe I just need to find a dealer I can trust huh?
    Patsy

12. spritc

spritc Active Member

Patsy, according to Blue Book, it can be worth as little as $1,950 in 70% condition or as much as $4,500 in 98% condition. Put a price on it and see where it goes.

Good luck,

Steve

13. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Patsy, any dealer needs to buy it cheap enough so that he can make expenses and profit at it's actual value. Even a consignment agreement is going to tap your potential gain. You're better off getting photos and description on here, there are fellows that will assist with posting the photos if necessary, and let the offers come in. Steve's range from the Blue Book sound good to me; perhaps even more if in remarkably nice condition. If nothing else ask for a knowledgeable person in your area on these threads and let him assist you in selling if that's your motivation. There are folks all over the states on here and I'm sure some decent fellow would volunteer.....breakemall.....Bob Dodd

14. CharlesR1100

CharlesR1100 TS Member

Bill and Bob are pointing you in the right direction.

On a private sale there will be some records you will have to construct and maintain. A sale to a dealer will do that for you.

A dealer will offer less than actual value because the dealer wants to latter sell it for that, and make a profit, which is completely normal.

15. Patsy

Patsy TS Member

ok...now I have to take the guy with me to fill out paperwork? Darn. Oh well, if I gotta, I gotta. I'll probably try to get a picture or two of the darn thing this weekend. Posting will undoubtedly be a problem. I'm not too computer savy.

16. spritc

spritc Active Member

Patsy, it depends upon which state you reside. Here in Indiana we can sell any gun (except machine gun) to whomever we please. We don't register guns in Indiana. You probably won't have to either unless you live in Commufornia or other such state that has such an idiotic law. Some of those may be Mass, PA, IL and of course CA. I'm sure there may be others, but I can't think of them. Most states allow the sale of firearms to individuals within those states without going to or through an FFL.

Again, good luck,

Steve

17. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Patsy, It might also be helpful to call back that gun dealer who offered to buy your shotgun. He should be able to give you HIS thoughts on the percentage of your gun. You can post this with the photo's you will get this weekend. Congrats on your lucky trade. Break-em all. Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.