1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for small rifle primers in OKC area

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by OK_Shooter, Jan 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OK_Shooter

OK_Shooter TS Member

0   0   0

I know it's a long shot, but I'm looking to buy small rifle primers in the OKC area and I'm not having any luck. Gene Sears is totally out and doesn't know when he will get any more in stock. The other OKC retailers are out as well as are most online retailers. So, does anyone have any they would like to sell? I would prefer CCI 400 primers, but would buy any that are comparable.

Thank, Phil

2. Wahoo

Wahoo TS Member

0   0   0

You may be in for a long search. A local gun dealer three days ago said he can't locate any any even from jobbers. To make matters worse, none of them could say why they are not available, just that they can't get any, and he was looking for Remington, Winchester or Federal rifle primers, both large and small. There is another dealer here in town that has CCI primers in stock, at least he did last Tuesday. I didn't pay any attention to whether they were small rifle or large rifle. If you haven't had any luck by this Tuesday (he isn't open on Sundays or Mondays) post again and I will find out what he has and let you know.

3. OK_Shooter

OK_Shooter TS Member

0   0   0

Still no luck finding any primers.

TTT

Thanks, Phil

4. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

0   0   0

You might try a Cabelas if one is in your area, I know their way over priced but if your out $10 more per 1,000 will work. Where I live large and small rifle primers are very rare. No problem with pistol primers. My opinion is there is alot of panic buying going on. Good luck with your search.

5. Wahoo

Wahoo TS Member

0   0   0

I went out to the dealer this morning but it turns out all of his CCI primers are magnum and he only had 8 boxes of those left. He said that people were buying small rifle and pistol primers of both sizes of any kind that they could find.

6. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

0   0   0

You don't think the shortage is due to the increase in demand of .223 ammunition either new or being reloaded? If you're trying to buy small rifle primers to load in you anticipating purchase of your new AR-15 type rifle, you may be in for an additional disappointment. Thanks to the full faith we have in our government; i.e., the full faith that the Assault Weapons Ban Law will be here shortly. It's bad news no matter how you look at it. Good luck. Darrell

7. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Rating - 50%
    1   1   0

Recob's may have some. Link provided.

HM

8. OK_Shooter

OK_Shooter TS Member

0   0   0

I went ahead and ordered 5000 CCI 400's from Recobs, they were out last time I checked. Also added some Clay Dot to the order as well to spread out the pain of the $22.50 hazmat fee :). When I'm not trap shooting I like to shoot my mini 14, and with the cost and scarcity of .223 ammo I finally decided to start reloading my brass...I can save about $5 for a box of 20 and I do enjoy the reloading process.

Thanks for all of the responses, Phil

9. capvan

capvan Active Member

0   0   0

Guess you need to come to Vermont. I was in a local shop today and they had plenty of primers, all sizes, all brands. Said they weren't aware of any shortage.

Bought some Ruger factory large capacity mags while I was there...

10. plinker61

plinker61 TS Member

0   0   0

good primers here in the midwest have been scarce too,i think bt100dc is rite on the money,been waiting on a backorder list for a year for fed.205m,and vitavori 235 powder,now rem 7.5 are getting hard to get,mark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.